Voom Pricing/Sales

Mike S

Good afternoon all! I'm about to book my Voom package for the Allure of the Seas trip we're taking in May and had a few questions:

1) Current price is $15.99 a day. Is that the normal price or sale price? I don't see any sales banners on the Cruise Planner site.

2) What's the lowest you have seen it go down to recently? I will book it now anyway and just cancel/re-book if it reduces but was curious as to what sales prices they run.

3) Do they only have the Surf and Stream packages now? I don't see any "Surf Only" on there.

Thanks!

9 minutes ago, Mike S said:

Good afternoon all! I'm about to book my Voom package for the Allure of the Seas trip we're taking in May and had a few questions:

1) Current price is $15.99 a day. Is that the normal price or sale price? I don't see any sales banners on the Cruise Planner site.

2) What's the lowest you have seen it go down to recently? I will book it now anyway and just cancel/re-book if it reduces but was curious as to what sales prices they run.

3) Do they only have the Surf and Stream packages now? I don't see any "Surf Only" on there.

Thanks!

1.) $15.99 is a tad a high, but you should book it now to lock in the price, it's been creeping upward over the past few months.

2.) Lowest I've seen for a single device package was $13 and change, but that was last year.  I haven't seen south of $14 for anything in 2018.  $14 and change seems to be the new "sale" price.

3.) You can buy Surf Only on the ship for $15.99; Surf and Stream goes up to $19.99.  I've never seen "Surf Only" offered on cruise planner for advance booking.

56 minutes ago, Orange Crush said:

1.) $15.99 is a tad a high, but you should book it now to lock in the price, it's been creeping upward over the past few months.

2.) Lowest I've seen for a single device package was $13 and change, but that was last year.  I haven't seen south of $14 for anything in 2018.  $14 and change seems to be the new "sale" price.

3.) You can buy Surf Only on the ship for $15.99; Surf and Stream goes up to $19.99.  I've never seen "Surf Only" offered on cruise planner for advance booking.

Agreed, this is the pricing I saw last October on Allure.

The $15.99 rate is the new 2018 'standard' cruise planner price for Surf and Stream.  On board that will be $19.99 per day if purchased for the full voyage.  I say standard because with a number of cruise bookings not all of them are fixed at $15.99.  A few are cheaper but most are $15.99.

That being said, as @Orange Crush mentioned, there are sometimes sales that drop the price further.  However, be careful.  For a Symphony cruise I snagged Surf and Stream for $11.99.  Then that rate disappeared and few months later it was back, except it was just the Surf plan for $11.99.  I think someone screwed up, put the Surf and Stream out there at the Surf price, then fixed it.  

I rarely see Surf available in the cruise planner.  I had heard others mention it but had never seen it myself until it popped in one day for Symphony.  In my experience up to this point Surf has always been an on-board option only.

Depending on the Crown and Anchor status you may get an on-board discount from the plans offered on board.  In some cases it can be cheaper to purchase on-board.  If you can wait a day or 2 and you have platinum or above it can save money to buy it on board, especially if Surf is good enough for your needs.