My Remarks to the Royal Caribbean Survey. Do they actually consider the survey's?

JBCruiseMan

I just returned from a 7 day cruise on the Allure of the Seas. Overall it was a great cruise but I did have a few comments that I shared (posted below) with Royal Caribbean. Does anyone know if they actually use the survey suggestions to improve service?

-----------

I really looked forward to cruising on the Allure of the Seas. Overall, we had a great time. The things that we were unhappy about were the food quality in the main dining room and the staff who never dried tables that were wiped down.

We felt that the food in the MDR was not very good on the Allure. We also felt this way about the Windjammer food. The taste was not good and the overall quality just did not seem like it was there. We sailed the Vision of the Seas in May 2014 and we really enjoyed the MDR and Windjammer on that ship. We reasoned that maybe because the Vision is a smaller ship, the staff had more time to prepare and perfect the food. I would like to see more consistency when it comes to food taste and quality on Royal Caribbean ships. We do enjoy dining in the specialty restaurants but not each night and not because we feel forced due to the quality of food in the MDR and Windjammer.

We were happy that the staff was thoroughly cleaning and sanitizing the chairs and tables where we dined. However, we noticed that consistently we would sit at a table and it would be drenched with water because after the staff wiped it down, they didn't dry it. We had to consistently find napkins to dry tables that we sat at. It became very frustrating especially when carrying plates of food. We had to sit our plates and silverware down on a wet table.

On a side note, our stateroom attendant Brendan was very pleasant and we enjoyed him. He helped to make our stay more enjoyable. We were in room 12-720. Also, Daniel in Vintages was just great. He has a great attitude, is very genuine and seems to be overall a good person. We dined at Vintages twice because he worked there. If we are on the Allure again, we will definitely go back to Vintages.

Additionally, please consider making Johnny Rockets a late night option for dining. We did not enjoy the pizza at Sorrento's at all and the Promenade Cafe grew repetitive after a few nights as they really did not have many choices. The burgers at Johnny Rockets were consistently good and it would be great to get one late night after hanging out.

Thanks for the consideration Royal Caribbean!

I can't really speak for Royal as I have never had a significant issue onboard; however, I did once receive a letter in my cabin on another line apologizes for the lack of service/problems we identified on a prior cruise and that they were striving to ensure that we had a better experience this time.

Given the rapid changes that they're making on the Quantum with regards to menus, making a specialty/surcharge restaraunt included without an additional fee, etc., I have high confidence that Royal is taking guest feedback seriously. However, I'm also a researcher and have conducted massive surveys in the past and know that it is largely the easily quantifiable data (the numbers/ratings) that are readily used rather than the narrative component. That, if it is read, is read at a much later date in all likelihood.

Royal used to give every guest a survey card to fill out before they left the ship.  They then had boxes around the ship on debarkation day to collect them.  They were very adamant about having guest fill out the cards and return them.

They have since replaced the cards with the online survey but the staff are still adamant about reminding you to fill them out.  I believe that RC is very proactive in responding to the opinions of their guest.  As pointed out above the recent changes to dynamic dining and the delay in implementing it to other ships is evidence of this.  I also believe that praise/complaints of individual staff is taken into account when the assign duties and when they renew contracts.

I doubt they really read them or pay attention to the comments to be honest, if they are like most big corporations out there.

I think they really do read them.  I've read countless people who have gotten emails/phone calls about them.

But do they change policy because of them? If there's enough demand, yes.  Look at the changes to Dynamic Dining as a good recent example.