Future Cruise Credit

Lindsay

I have future cruise credit for a cruise that I cancelled back in December, 2017 that was to occur in March, 2018.  Anyways, I can use the credit through sailings up to 2/1/2019.  I've booked a cruise with my family for June, 2019.  Do you think they would extend the cruise credit for this cruise?  Anyone had any luck with Royal on this?  

I'm doing the Liberty cruise in October with my Mom and I could use just my cruise credit for it, but my husband and son also have cruise credits and I can't use theirs.  Thoughts?

Just so I'm clear,  you, your husband and son each have an FCC from a cancelled cruise. 

You are booking two cruises, one with them in June 2019 and another without them in October 2018.    Is that correct?

FCC are in the name of each guest and they can't be used if a guest isn't sailing. So their FCC can't be used for the October 2018 cruise since they aren't sailing, assuming i have it straight as noted above.

The terms of the FCC can be found in the terms and conditions:

*Price is per person (unless otherwise specified above), cruise only, reflects any promotional savings, and is subject to change and availability until booked. Non-refundable deposit: Non-refundable deposit booking (“NRDB”) cancelled prior to final payment due date will receive a future cruise credit in the amount of the deposit minus a $100 per person service fee (the “FCC”). FCC is non-transferable and expires after 12-months from issue date. 100USD/100CAD per person service fee applies to changes to NRDB ship or sail date.

33 minutes ago, twangster said:

Just so I'm clear,  you, your husband and son each have an FCC from a cancelled cruise. 

You are booking two cruises, one with them in June 2019 and another without them in October 2018.    Is that correct?

FCC are in the name of each guest and they can't be used if a guest isn't sailing. So their FCC can't be used for the October 2018 cruise since they aren't sailing, assuming i have it straight as noted above.

The terms of the FCC can be found in the terms and conditions:

*Price is per person (unless otherwise specified above), cruise only, reflects any promotional savings, and is subject to change and availability until booked. Non-refundable deposit: Non-refundable deposit booking (“NRDB”) cancelled prior to final payment due date will receive a future cruise credit in the amount of the deposit minus a $100 per person service fee (the “FCC”). FCC is non-transferable and expires after 12-months from issue date. 100USD/100CAD per person service fee applies to changes to NRDB ship or sail date.

Hi!,   

You are correct on all counts.  I am cruising with my Mom in October so I could use my FCC there.  And then cruising with my husband and son in June, 2019.  The FCC will be expired by then.   

I guess my question is if anyone thinks Royal will take pity on me and let me apply my husband and son's FCC to the June, 2019 cruise.  Especially since it's already booked? 

1 hour ago, Lindsay said:

Anyways, I can use the credit through sailings up to 2/1/2019.  I've booked a cruise with my family for June, 2019.  Do you think they would extend the cruise credit for this cruise?  Anyone had any luck with Royal on this?  

Are you sure it doesn't say use by 2/1/2019? I think that might be the case. You have one year after issue to use it. 

When we cancelled our 2 connecting roomsand went to a suite, my husband and one daughter ended up with a FCC. I was able to apply my husband's to the same sailing but not my daughter's because she was part of KSF.  I booked a different sailing for 2019 shortly after that and was able to apply her FCC to that deposit even though the FCC expires by Oct 2018 and we don't sail until march 2019. It's use by, not sail by.

7 minutes ago, Sabrinaklai said:

Are you sure it doesn't say use by 2/1/2019? I think that might be the case. You have one year after issue to use it. 

When we cancelled our 2 connecting roomsand went to a suite, my husband and one daughter ended up with a FCC. I was able to apply my husband's to the same sailing but not my daughter's because she was part of KSF.  I booked a different sailing for 2019 shortly after that and was able to apply her FCC to that deposit even though the FCC expires by Oct 2018 and we don't sail until march 2019. It's use by, not sail by.

It's at home, so I will look at it again tonight to make sure!  Thank you!!!!!!!!

My brother was able to get them to extend the date on his a year or so ago ... similar deal that it was expiring a couple of months before the cruise he wanted to take. It took a couple of calls to find a sympathetic rep that was willing to go to bat and get the credit extended to use on the booking but it did happen.

37 minutes ago, Lindsay said:

So, it says Cruise must be taken by 02/13/2019... 

I plan on calling today to see if there is ANY way they will accept it for the June 2019 cruise since we all 3 (me, hubs and son) have $150 each cruise credit.  Wish me luck!!!

So this prompted me to check my daughter's (which I just applied recently) and it says "Cruise must be taken by 10/19/2018".  When I booked our cruise a month or two ago for March 10, 2019 and told them I had a FCC to apply, they took the code and applied it with no questions asked...maybe the less explaining you do the better? 

12 minutes ago, Lindsay said:

SUCCESS!!!!!  $450 taken off the June, 2019 Cruise!!!!!  YAY!  Okay, now does anyone know how I can view payment history in the new My Cruises website so I can confirm it was deducted?

Congratulations! Glad you were able to find a rep willing to help you out, as that's a nice chunk of change to not have to worry about.

SUCCESS!!!!!  $450 taken off the June, 2019 Cruise!!!!!  YAY!  Okay, now does anyone know how I can view payment history in the new My Cruises website so I can confirm it was deducted?

Call them back and have them email you a new confirmation.

Or go here, it is the UK site, still looks like the old site, when I logged in it showed all my cruises.

https://secure.royalcaribbean.co.uk/mycruises/login.do?default=false&cS=MHDR

@Lindsay, I got close, but no cigar. On the main page, instead of clicking Log In, click on Already Booked and then on Make a payment. That page will ask for your reservation number, etc. When I did that, mine came up with "paid in full" and the amount, but no payment history. The amount is technically incorrect because it did not include my prepaid gratuities (which I am not concerned about because I have the printed out proof of payment for that). However maybe it will appear differently for you, so give it a shot. Glad the FCC worked out for you.

Guest toodle68

I just went through this today.  I had a cruise credit that said it I had to use it for a cruise before 3/1/19.. but I wanted it to be applied to my Sept 2019 cruise.  I tried to add it through the website, but the payment side of the new website is broken.. so I called and had them apply it and they were fine as long as it was a booked cruise that had a deposit paid against it.

If you are logged in and click the make a payment link for the cruise, it takes you to a page still asking for your cruise number etc., probably the same questions you had to answer not being logged in, seems like they don't have everything linked up yet, if I'm logged in and click the link next to a cruise, it should know what cruise I'm clicking.

21 hours ago, WAAAYTOOO said:

Agree with Tiny.  Have them send you a new confirmation.  They should have done that anyway. ALWAYS get a confirmation showing payments or added features.

Thanks y'all, I received a new guest invoice.  It didn't line item the FCC which is frustrating.  They only lowered the price of the cruise per person by $150 each for the FCC.  So unless you look at a prior Guest Invoice and compare with the new invoice you can't tell what they did.  I really wish they had purchase/credit history somewhere for us.  Oh well.  

3 minutes ago, Lindsay said:

Thanks y'all, I received a new guest invoice.  It didn't line item the FCC which is frustrating.  They only lowered the price of the cruise per person by $150 each for the FCC.  So unless you look at a prior Guest Invoice and compare with the new invoice you can't tell what they did.  I really wish they had purchase/credit history somewhere for us.  Oh well.  

Mine is the same.  They just decreased it by $150.  I actually prefer it that way.  Then it just blends in because I still don't know about that expiry date....

Guest toodle68

I just hope that if we call about a price drop, that they see the credit and apply to the new amount, rather that saying that we already have a low price (because of the credit)

Just now, toodle68 said:

I just hope that if we call about a price drop, that they see the credit and apply to the new amount, rather that saying that we already have a low price (because of the credit)

My price on my reservation with the FCC has already dropped twice now and I've had it adjusted both time without problems.

• 1 year later...

THE ABSOLUTE WORST EXPERIENCE in regards to our FCC! At the time of our last cancellation, we were told that we had a $150/person FCC to use within the next 12 months. Here we are 6 months later trying to apply it to our NEW CRUISE that was booked and we are giving the run around for the past 2 months! I have never experienced a more unprofessional setting of complete liars from one customer service rep to the next! Our new cruise (sailing in March) was booked on 11/29/19 (5 months after cancelling our old cruise, and only 2 months after the sailing date of the cancelled cruise...all within the time limit restraint). At the time of booking we reached out to Royal Caribbean and the rep told us she doesn't see the FCC available and needs to reach out to post sailing to get it generated but it would be taken care of because she sees all the notes in regards to our cancellation.....On 12/28 (a month later) I called to follow up since our final payment was due on that day or the cruise was going to get cancelled....I talked to Mariz (employee ID 130264) who ensured me she emailed all her supervisors, got it escalated to get taken care of right away, linked the two (old & new) reservations and gave me a reference number. Said it would be taken care of within 5-7 business days.....I followed up AGAIN on 1/8/20 and spoke to Candy (extension 14151) who again, said that it wasn't created yet. The email sent by Mariz was sent to the wrong department and she sent it to the right department, contacted all her supervisors to get it taken care of within 24-48 HOURS! She also promised she would email me and give me a call as soon as it's processed and that I can rest assured that she is going to stay on top of it!! Here we are, Monday 01/13/20, I call back AGAIN and I got to talk to a lovely BRENT (employee ID 131459), who was apparently the ONLY one working today as none of his supervisors nor Candy (who gave me her extension number) were available. Brent apparently thinks our cruise was cancelled due to the "Cuba thing", but wasn't able to explain what the "Cuba thing" was. This of course is completely false as our cruise wasn't going anywhere near CUBA nor was it cancelled to any other reasons but our own at the time. We have been loyal Royal Caribbean cruisers and have never gone on any other cruise line because of the service we receive with Royal Caribbean. After this experience that is still not taken care of 2 months later and being given the run around by basically every single person that has answered the phone, this just makes me believe they have a script to use "that all of the supervisors have been contacted, rest assured, I will take care of it, I will follow up, etc." just to get you off the phone. But in reality NONE OF IT IS TRUE! If we weren't going to lose money on cancelling our current cruise, we would've done so by now because this has been a nightmare! Unfortunately there is nobody else to contact any other way but on the phone, so going public on this blog is the only way to make someone see this issue and hopefully do something about it! I am disappointed in your customer service and the flat out lies being told by every single one of your employees that I have had contact with. 

16 minutes ago, Ilvana Medina said:

I am disappointed in your customer service

Ilvana, this is not an official Royal Caribbean website. This is a fan blog that has no actual affiliation Royal Caribbean. So, unfortunately, no one here can "officially" help you with your FCC issue, we can only offer advise if we have it.

13 minutes ago, Ilvana Medina said:

Unfortunately there is nobody else to contact any other way but on the phone, so going public on this blog is the only way to make someone see this issue and hopefully do something about it! I am disappointed in your customer service and the flat out lies being told by every single one of your employees that I have had contact with. 

Nobody from Royal Caribbean may ever see this as this is NOT an official company blog.

1 minute ago, Spang1974 said:

Nobody from Royal Caribbean may ever see this as this is NOT an official company blog.

sadly that's also how it feels when talking to them on the phone. I just hope it prevents other cruises who are promised a FCC to booking anything with them without all the information at the time of cancellation. I am beyond frustrated with the company! 

13 minutes ago, Spang1974 said:

Very sad that a company as big as RCC is unable to get their stuff together. Especially when it comes to loyal RCC cruisers. Regardless if they see it or not, at least I got the word out to be careful on what they promise you. Because as you can see in my instance it’s all lies.