Freedom of the Seas

Donnamat

Just now, Donnamat said:

Hi everyone.  We will be celebrating my husband's 50th birthday on Freedom of the Seas next month.  Which restaurant is your favorite?  His only preference is he is not into sushi.  Thank you.

If he likes steak, then Chops.

On 3/20/2018 at 9:22 AM, twangster said:

Giovanni's is another option and they have a filet on the menu that satisfies many steak lovers as well as having a good selection beyond steak.

Visit this link, scroll down to Freedom and review the menus from each:

https://www.royalcaribbeanblog.com/menus

Giovannis had the best fillet I have ever had... not sue if it makes a difference but we were on adventure.   My daughter and I did both sabor and chops on freedom and both were wonderful.   If you want a " big night" do chops or even try chefs table.   It's pricey (85 per person)  but the food and wine pairings on adventure were amazing.   It was a, wonderful evening and my husband and I will be enjoying it on freedom next week (along with chops and sabor) .  Definitely check twangsters menus and decide what you want... all of the specialities are really good!  Jane

8 hours ago, mom2mybugs said:

If you want a " big night" do chops or even try chefs table.   It's pricey (85 per person)  but the food and wine pairings on adventure were amazing.   It was a, wonderful evening and my husband and I will be enjoying it on freedom next week (along with chops and sabor) .

I reserved a spot at Chef's Table for my upcoming cruise on Freedom (just 9 more days!!!) and will be doing my best to include it in my Live(ish) Blog. Will include as many photos as I can along with a full description, possibly as a separate post under the "Shore Excursions" board (a la @KLAconQueso with her in-depth excursion reviews done separately from the live blog). Just be aware that I may need a day or three to post it -- I might be recovering from food / wine coma after such an extravagant meal! :3_grin:

9 hours ago, mom2mybugs said:

It's pricey (85 per person)  but the food and wine pairings on adventure were amazing.   

6 minutes ago, JLMoran said:

I reserved a spot at Chef's Table for my upcoming cruise on Freedom (just 9 more days!!!) 

My (now husband - was then fiance) and I did Chef's Table on Brilliance in November 2016. We LOVED it - the food and drink pairings were fantastic (and they'll go out of their way if there is some kind of food allergy or restriction such as being a vegetarian to make it work), but the thing that really made it for us was the company and conversations happening around the table. We met some really cool people (one couple with which we wound up sharing taxis to Nachi Cocom and hanging out), and it being the day before the presidential election we had some really interesting (and CIVIL even) conversations about politics with some extra interesting input from a German couple that was dining with us. If we catch a deal for one of our cruises next year, I'd love to go again. 

I actually wasn't a fan of chops it was alright but even MDR was better to us (maybe an off day) but Giovanni's was amazing. We also did the murder mystery which if you can you should do. Sabor was also really good. If you go they say 1 entree each but we got 3 for the 2 of us so don't be afraid to ask. 

On 3/22/2018 at 8:10 AM, KLAconQueso said:

(and they'll go out of their way if there is some kind of food allergy or restriction such as being a vegetarian to make it work)

I actually didn't really have a great experience with my allergies at chops on Freedom was really disappointed that I got better service everywhere else. 

On 3/20/2018 at 6:59 AM, Donnamat said:

Freedom of the Seas next month

Side note: which itinerary are you doing?