Nassau Atlantis excursions

redwingzfan

First, congratulations !  ...and welcome to the blogs.

Whether or not you go to Atlantis has much to do with how long you will be in port.  Many Nassau stops leave by early afternoon and since the Atlantis tours don't normally start until 9 or 10, it doesn't really give you very long in Atlantis.  So, if you are going to be there well into the late afternoon, I would say it's a viable option.  If you are leaving port in the early afternoon, I would say save it for another time.

I have only done a trip to Atlantis once and I will say that it was VERY crowded.  There were busses to take you to the resort and they were jam-packed with people from all cruise lines. The lines were long and it was a poorly organized trip, logistically.  The resort is beautiful.  When we went, the aquarium was included in the excursion but I think they have since dropped that from the itin so not sure if it's still included or not.

Personally, I think the only way to enjoy Atlantis is to go on a land cruise and stay there...but that's just my opinion.

1 hour ago, WAAAYTOOO said:

Personally, I think the only way to enjoy Atlantis is to go on a land cruise and stay there...but that's just my opinion.

I agree. Plus, the Atlantis excursions are EXPENSIVE and, in my opinion, just not worth it for the time you are there.:27_sunglasses:

I loved Atlantis the two times we were there on land vacations. However, I agree with the others that it's not worth the expense given the short amount of time most ships are in port. If you're on a ship that leaves in the early afternoon, you're spending a lot of money for 4 hours.

• 8 months later...

There is a website called bahamasdaypass.com that shows it as an authorized partner of Atlantis.  They sell the water park pass for as low as $135 so long as you're on a cruise (price varies by season, but even their high season is $160-still cheaper than Royal).  RC charges either 189 or 199 depending on whether it's on "sale"" during one of their promos.  I'm not a huge waterpark fan, but I've heard this one is over the top, so I"m curious to try it.  What have others throught of it?  My cruise is on Symphony at the end of Jan.  Has anyone used the day pass website?

Edit- I just check the official Atlantis website and they offer day passes as well.  Same price as the website mentioned above.  I assume the only difference is that they dont provide transport there/back if you're on your own, but I think cab fare is pretty cheap there/back, right?

You may want to look into just booking a room for the day at Comfort Suites (https://www.comfortsuitespi.com/).  That will include access to the waterpark for up to 4 people.  You will have to provide your own transportation, but it should be easy enough to get a taxi.  They're part of the Choice Hotels chains so you can also get some loyalty pricing discounts as well if you're a member of their loyalty program.