breakfast available on disembark day?

bucoguy

56 minutes ago, monctonguy said:

I second  @KLAconQueso 's post...its a madhouse in there. If you think its normally busy in the mornings, you don't want to be there the last one!...Line ups for everything and finding a table is a challenge to say the least.

I just do coffee on disembarkation day and skip the madness.

We usually do a quick swing by Park Cafe or Cafe Promenade - we generally have time to kill in the airport anyway so it almost becomes easier to just settle in for breakfast there.

1 hour ago, toodle68 said:

Main Dinning Room on disembarkation day for the win!

I agree that this is the most convenient/sane option. Although to be honest, it's been years since I've done breakfast on disembarkation morning as it's usually just not worth the hassle with everything else going on, so we usually skip it and grab something off ship instead. The exception has been Disney as they have fixed breakfast seating in the morning and Holland America as they have room service breakfast on disembarkation morning. We cheated on Princess with room service breakfast as we disembarked a day early, so we were able to order it then, too.

We've so far made the most of our last meal on board in the Windjammer - my aim is to eat enough to not be hungry for the rest of the day which helps to overcome the fact that, once I get home, I've gotta cook for myself again ?

I HATE the hectiness of the WJ on D-day though. Might give main dining room a go next time around. 

On 3/22/2018 at 2:12 PM, toodle68 said:

Main Dinning Room on disembarkation day for the win!

I agree with this, most people go to WJ and it is a madhouse, we were at the MDR on Freedom and it was pretty much dead. We had the 2 waiters there the whole time and was much easier then trying to fight people. We also left everything in our room so we could eat and just went back to the room to grab everything before we left. We didn't have anywhere important to be so we kind just took our time and tried not to rush leaving lol. Now only if it was as easy to get off the ship as it was to get on lol.

• 3 weeks later...
13 minutes ago, Toyman55 said:

Thank you.  First RCCL cruise in 20 years.  Trying to get everything figured out so I can hit the ground running.

We love CK. We try to eat in there whenever possible. Service is always great, but the calm environment and good quality of food is what we love most.

And if you have breakfast there you MUST try the French toast! It is so good!!

5 minutes ago, Lovetocruise2002 said:

We love CK. We try to eat in there whenever possible. Service is always great, but the calm environment and good quality of food is what we love most.

And if you have breakfast there you MUST try the French toast! It is so good!!

Thank you.  I will try that.  I love French toast.  When it is made right it is like bread pudding on a plate.

9 hours ago, Toyman55 said:

Thank you.  I will try that.  I love French toast.  When it is made right it is like bread pudding on a plate.

If I am served French toast the consistency of bread pudding, it will immediately be sent back to be properly cooked.

French toast should be firm (but not dry), bread pudding should be soft (but not soggy).

10 hours ago, Toyman55 said:

30 minutes ago, HeWhoWaits said:

If I am served French toast the consistency of bread pudding, it will immediately be sent back to be properly cooked.

French toast should be firm (but not dry), bread pudding should be soft (but not soggy).

Lol.  Obviously good french toast is very subjective.

Basically, the French toast in CK reminds me exactly of Tonga Toast from Disney's Polynesian resort.  It is fresh and hot, fluffy, loaded with cinnamon, slightly crispy on the outside but light and airy inside.  If I find a pic I will post later :10_wink: 

Found a pic from another site (Credit to Noreen411.  This was from Anthem but it looked exactly like this on Harmony too so I'm guessing it's standard.)

2a784ed7389dac15c30d2a8a7d8fc058.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

That French toast looks a lot like what we had on Freedom just the other week, and your description matches up, too. I wonder if that’s the standard recipe fleet-wide now?

Only difference I can see is that it looks like the one in the photo might have a cup of real maple syrup instead of that corn syrup-based junk euphemistically labeled “breakfast syrup”.