MTD ???

rjac

We have the traditional dining at 5:30 scheduled for our Allure cruise April1-8. On Weds, April 4th, we will be on a beach excursion that does not get back to the ship until 4:30 and that does not give my wife, daughter and grand daughter enough time to "clean up and "pretty up". I'mm sure the ladies her will agree to that! 

So, is it possible to schedule a MTD seating at 6:30 that night and that night only for 6 folks?  April 4th is my birthday and my daughter & grands so want to embarrass me with the waiters singing "happy birthday" to me. I hate to tell her that I will not be embarrassed one bit as I will have exercised my drink package VERY heavily that day! Now, if I get a lap dance from one of the Waite staff, then I'll be embarrassed! :27_sunglasses:

By policy MTD and fixed are not switchable on a day by day basis.  You can see how the MTD could quickly become overcrowded if this was common place, especially on port days for exactly the reason you mentioned.

You can always talk to the maître d' and explain the situation to see if they can accommodate you. 

Cruise rule #1 - it never hurts to ask.

On 3/19/2018 at 6:40 PM, rjac said:

We have the traditional dining at 5:30 scheduled for our Allure cruise April1-8. On Weds, April 4th, we will be on a beach excursion that does not get back to the ship until 4:30 and that does not give my wife, daughter and grand daughter enough time to "clean up and "pretty up". I'mm sure the ladies her will agree to that! 

So, is it possible to schedule a MTD seating at 6:30 that night and that night only for 6 folks?  April 4th is my birthday and my daughter & grands so want to embarrass me with the waiters singing "happy birthday" to me. I hate to tell her that I will not be embarrassed one bit as I will have exercised my drink package VERY heavily that day! Now, if I get a lap dance from one of the Waite staff, then I'll be embarrassed! :27_sunglasses:

Oh, don't be coy with us; we know there's no way you can be that good-looking without a lot of "pretty-up" time!!!

HOOAH

On 3/19/2018 at 5:40 PM, rjac said:

While on Freedom I did ask this question and the answer was no it wouldn't be possible. They told me you may have better luck getting a spot at the next seating but you must stay where you are. If you went on day 1 to explain your situation it might be better and they can sort something out but not guaranteed. I agree with above a speciality restaurant may be a better option. I am actually surprised they don't use birthdays as a way to get people into them (on slower itineraries). Like oh by the way (since not many reservations) we are giving a discount to anyone with birthdays to come to a speciality restaurant (they could discount one and charge full for the others and people like when they get deals so might encourage more people when they are low on reservations. 

On 3/24/2018 at 2:10 PM, LetsTryThisPlace said:

Like oh by the way (since not many reservations) we are giving a discount to anyone with birthdays to come to a speciality restaurant (they could discount one and charge full for the others and people like when they get deals so might encourage more people when they are low on reservations. 

Would love an offer like this for those with anniversaries! :3_grin: