I definitely liked this a lot. Really liked the production quality you clearly worked to give it. I could see you and your SO we’re both using gimbals (DJI Osmo?), and I really got a kick out of the title effect you used; never seen that before, was a really nice touch. Is that something available in the editing tool you use, or did you creat the images yourself and overlay them in the editor?

Amateur videographer and home editor, so I’m always looking at the techniques others use for tips and ideas I can pick up. ?

Thank you very much! A decent amount of the video was filmed on a GoPro Hero 5, 2.7k Linear mode, Flat color. I used GoPro’s gimbal, Karma Grip. I also used a Nikon D7100 DSLR. I used Adobe After Effects to create the titles (pen tool) and some animation myself and Adobe Premere to edit everything together. I actually work in the video production/editing field for a living in addition to it being my hobby. I use Lynda.com and YouTube tutorials when trying new techniques from time to time  

If your looking for a gimbal/camera set up, I recommend the GoPro set up, very happy with the footage. Best of luck with your videos! 

Thanks for the info, that's some nice kit you have there!

18 hours ago, rsott said:

If your looking for a gimbal/camera set up, I recommend the GoPro set up, very happy with the footage.

I actually bought a Gimbal last July through Kickstarter, product called Rigiet; basically a DJI Osmo 2 made by a small Chinese company and released before the Osmo 2 was actually out. Was unusual for a Kickstarter in that they had a real, working product (albeit in small quantities) and pre-production app that they gave out to reviewers ahead of the mass release; the consensus was that it was as good an original Osmo for a bit less than 1/2 the price, with some nice add-on features in the app like subject tracking that made it a bit better than an Osmo (at the time; the Osmo 2 came out just a few months later) so I decided I'd grab one. Will be using it with my iPhone 6s Plus and a set of Moment lenses I just purchased. This will be its inaugural run, so I'm hoping to get some good results with it.

58 minutes ago, JLMoran said:

Thanks for the info, that's some nice kit you have there!

I actually bought a Gimbal last July through Kickstarter, product called Rigiet; basically a DJI Osmo 2 made by a small Chinese company and released before the Osmo 2 was actually out. Was unusual for a Kickstarter in that they had a real, working product (albeit in small quantities) and pre-production app that they gave out to reviewers ahead of the mass release; the consensus was that it was as good an original Osmo for a bit less than 1/2 the price, with some nice add-on features in the app like subject tracking that made it a bit better than an Osmo (at the time; the Osmo 2 came out just a few months later) so I decided I'd grab one. Will be using it with my iPhone 6s Plus and a set of Moment lenses I just purchased. This will be its inaugural run, so I'm hoping to get some good results with it.

So what I am hearing through all this techie stuff (that I have no clue about) is that we all should be expecting a great blog/vlog in 2 weeks time?