Superior balcony room

Perryhouse

I have been looking at stateroom options via our travel agents online site and some rooms say guaranteed whereas others don't.

This is our first ever cruise, we booked a superior balcony stateroom on Explorer of the Seas for when it comes to the UK in June. We have a room number on our booking but it does not say anything on the website about it being guaranteed so does this mean that our room may be changed?

Surely we can't be downgraded in room?!

A guaranteed stateroom means you will get a stateroom assigned to you that is guaranteed to be of that category but you don't get to pick which one.  The advantage is you get a bit of a break on the price.

If you have a room number then you don't fall into that category and have a reserved stateroom.

I have been looking at stateroom options via our travel agents online site and some rooms say guaranteed whereas others don't.

This is our first ever cruise, we booked a superior balcony stateroom on Explorer of the Seas for when it comes to the UK in June. We have a room number on our booking but it does not say anything on the website about it being guaranteed so does this mean that our room may be changed?

Surely we can't be downgraded in room?!

If you have your cabin number you can even look it up on the Internet to ensure your happy with it. You will find a lot of information on locations to avoid on every ship. My must is to have cabins above and below us. This ensures noise is kept to a minimum.

Welcome to cruising! Hopefully you find it as enjoyable as the rest of us!

To verify, you'd want to look at the invoice from when your reservation was made. Online you could have a room number assigned even if you've booked a guarantee. Sometimes the rooms get assigned far out; other time, just before sailing.

If you did book a guarantee, then it is possible your stateroom could be changed, although it's not very likely. Also, with a guarantee, there's no fear of being downgraded from the category actually booked.

Check out YouTube to see if anyone has posted a video of your room. Search by ship name and room number. That way you can get a glimpse of what your room, or one that is close by; looks like.

Susie and I always post videos of our room. We go through a lot of trouble to select our rooms and assume there are others that do the same.

Check out YouTube to see if anyone has posted a video of your room. Search by ship name and room number. That way you can get a glimpse of what your room, or one that is close by; looks like.

Susie and I always post videos of our room. We go through a lot of trouble to select our rooms and assume there are others that do the same.

I do this too, often just to get a quick Royal Caribbean "fix" between trips! :)

Thank you everyone, I have looked on you tube but there is no mention of our room number on there. I think we are on deck six and we are next to one of the stairways at the front of the ship, which I was thinking would be good in case of emergency but now I am thinking this is going to be quite busy and noisy?!