Ship Climate

MGP

Hi, first time cruiser here. We are going on the 9 day July sailing on Voyager of the Seas' Asia cruise. I've been watching packing and wardrobe videos on what type of clothing to bring for different activities and I've notice some posters say it's cold on the ship and to bring a sweater, socks, etc. What has been the experience of you veteran cruisers sailing during the summer?

Welcome to the Forums :). It all depends on what you feel comfortable. We were just on Freedom and it wasn't really that cold. It was freezing on deck in Fort Lauderdale as we come from the Cayman Islands which is more south. It was cold in our room until we cranked up the heat but overall it wasn't bad. Not sure how it is in Asia though. If you plan to do something like ice skating you will need socks for that. 

Depends where about in asia as its a big area, the Singapore, Thailand Philippines area usually has a temp no lower that 27-28c all year round, move further north into hong kong and china and it can be a bit colder. 

Guest toodle68

The temp can change 10f between floors and between rooms. I think the worst time we had with temps was on Majesty which obviously has aging cooling systems. It was hot in the cabins and cold in other places.