Anthem Junior Suite ???

rjac

What deck would be good for a Junior Suite on the Anthem OTS? Planning Bermuda in June 2019. Since this will be our first time ever (I know, hard to believe) to Bermuda, we looking at the 5 day trip which will put us in Bermuda for two full days. Thanks! :27_sunglasses:

I'd also recommend a Spa JS (J4 category) on decks 7 through 9. All of them are mid-ship, and a good number are on the center of the hump on these decks, so you can get the best views; the rest of them are clustered forward of the hump, around a third of the way to the bow / front-most part of "mid-ship". I have one of these reserved for our own 5-nighter to Bermuda this October, on deck 7. Really looking forward to it, since it includes the jacuzzi tub as well as a larger walk-in shower than you get on a standard balcony.

I would say to avoid the J1 cabins, called Junior Suite with Large Balcony. They have a much larger balcony than the J4 (over 2x the size), but they are all located at the very front of the hump where it starts jutting out, and have an angled wall where they meet the neighboring Grand Suite room on the main part of the hump; the net effect is that your view aft is basically non-existent unless you lean way the heck out. You can see what I mean more clearly by checking the plans on cruisedeckplans.com.

9 hours ago, JLMoran said:

I would say to avoid the J1 cabins, called Junior Suite with Large Balcony. They have a much larger balcony than the J4 (over 2x the size), but they are all located at the very front of the hump where it starts jutting out, and have an angled wall where they meet the neighboring Grand Suite room on the main part of the hump; the net effect is that your view aft is basically non-existent unless you lean way the heck out. You can see what I mean more clearly by checking the plans on cruisedeckplans.com.

And those J1 cabins are connected to a standard balcony and studio room from a very small hallway. Not a great setup if you are not travelling with others in the neighbouring cabins. I will try to get a pic before I leave tomorrow. 

12 hours ago, Sabrinaklai said:

And those J1 cabins are connected to a standard balcony and studio room from a very small hallway. Not a great setup if you are not travelling with others in the neighbouring cabins. I will try to get a pic before I leave tomorrow. 

That's not news i like to hear, as we have J1 cabin 13632 booked for Jan, 19 cruise.  We booked it because of the larger balcony.

2 hours ago, mworkman said:

That's not news i like to hear, as we have J1 cabin 13632 booked for Jan, 19 cruise.  We booked it because of the larger balcony.

Deck plan image

Well, you do have a nice LARGE balcony! Not to late to change it to another JS.

8 hours ago, mworkman said:

I did not get a chance to take a pic but basically you have the main hallway (the black strip in the pic) and then you have to turn into a small little hallway (the pink part) to access your cabin. That small little hallway is also the access point for the studio and balcony room that it is connected to. The room itself has a different configuration than a regular JS so it does make it nice. It's just the access to it that is a bit cramped.  There are photos of it on the Royal Caribbean International Cabins and Suites FB group. 

IMG_6311.thumb.PNG.13c34f299c5fc343a9df1d77c8e0011a.PNG

• 10 months later...
On 3/17/2018 at 11:47 AM, mworkman said:

I hope you didn't change your room b/c you would have found that this room, in addition to having a MUCH larger balcony also has substantially more space in the room.  We had this room in May 2018.  When we walked in, I thought we had been upgraded to a grand suite without being told.  To say the least, we were very pleased especially since we did not specifically pick this room, we just took the room given us by the RCL representative.  You do have to go through 2 doors to get into your room (the first door opens to a short hallway with doors to your suite and to a single suite); better to keep the buglers away, lol!  As far as having a 160 degree view instead of a 180 degree view, I don't think we missed anything.

On 3/17/2018 at 11:47 AM, mworkman said:

Going on Anthem on March 30th have a Jr Suite 10238 and from what I hear here I now know that our travel agent really did us a favor!  Thank you guys, and @mworkman please let us know how it was.  I actually was looking at booking one of those types of rooms for the same reason! 

On 3/16/2018 at 1:53 PM, JLMoran said:

I'd also recommend a Spa JS (J4 category) on decks 7 through 9. All of them are mid-ship, and a good number are on the center of the hump on these decks, so you can get the best views; the rest of them are clustered forward of the hump, around a third of the way to the bow / front-most part of "mid-ship". I have one of these reserved for our own 5-nighter to Bermuda this October, on deck 7. Really looking forward to it, since it includes the jacuzzi tub as well as a larger walk-in shower than you get on a standard balcony.

We have a J1 booked for the 5 day Bermuda trip in May 8232. I was excited about it. Not so much now.

Its paid in full so no options there. We have J1 11232 in November. Maybe we can do something about that. I bought them both onboard our last trip on Anthem. The rep told me she was new to the ship. That should have been a clue.

We thought having the bigger balcony would be nice because we are not at a level ($$) to buy the super suites everyone brags about and the regular balconies are so small that they are almost useless.