Favorite Drinks/Cocktails

Our Alaska cruise (July) will be with 3 other couples and with having the drink package I will want to try some new (to me) drinks.  Any suggestions?  Hubby is a bourbon guy mostly but likes the occasional frozen drink.  Me on the other hand like the fruity, frozen, and wine.

Buffalo Trace bourbon for your husband. Very hard to find in the states, but, Royal has partnered with Buffalo and has it on board and you can buy it by the bottle in their liquor store. Buffalo is a very smooth good tasting bourbon. I prefer mine straight with 1 or 2 ice cubes. :27_sunglasses:

40 minutes ago, rjac said:

Buffalo Trace bourbon for your husband. Very hard to find in the states, but, Royal has partnered with Buffalo and has it on board and you can buy it by the bottle in their liquor store. Buffalo is a very smooth good tasting bourbon. I prefer mine straight with 1 or 2 ice cubes. :27_sunglasses:

Buffalo Trace is close to our house!  We are all around the Kentucky Bourbon Trail!  His favorite is Woodford Reserve Rye.  Our friends own Angels Envy!  There is no shortage of Good Bourbon in Kentucky!

10 hours ago, rjac said:

I am not a bourbon drinker but my good friend is.  We went to lexington kentucky and im the proud owner of a buffalo trace coffee mug lol!  I appreciate bourbon more now but still have no desire to drink it straight.  In things maybe...give me a good mixed drink with bourbon.  Jane

7 hours ago, firebuck said:

You might like a Pain Killer - that's one of my goto fruity drinks.

2-4 oz. of Pusser's Rum

4 oz. pineapple juice

1 oz. cream of coconut

1 oz. orange juice

Grated fresh nutmeg

I always wonder...are the bartenders good with knowing drinks you tell them (if you only know the name)?  Also...im pretty sure this is the case...i can get an r bar menu drink at any bar (say schooner bar)? Jane

1 minute ago, mom2mybugs said:

I always wonder...are the bartenders good with knowing drinks you tell them (if you only know the name)?  Also...im pretty sure this is the case...i can get an r bar menu drink at any bar (say schooner bar)? Jane

All comes down to if they use any special ingredients that might only be at that bar. Might add, R-Bar drinks are notorious to having an ingredient that might only be at that bar.   

Just now, CGTLH said:

All comes down to if they use any special ingredients that might only be at that bar. Might add, R-Bar drinks are notorious to having an ingredient that might only be at that bar.   

I love schooner but other than the lavendar martini,  Im meh on a lot of their menu items.  I need some good go to vodka or rum drinks that dont have a lot of ingrediants then!  Thanks! Jane

I must agree with the Lava Flow, both my wife and I really enjoyed it.

Also, the Royal Castle was a nice strong drink with lots of citruses. I think even your husband may enjoy that one (minus the cup it comes in, although I thought it was fun but with alcohol package it would be extra anyways so just skip the cup ;) )

IMG_20180309_171440-756x1344.thumb.jpg.9c0edd8549dbd26e7b89ce15c9e3c06a.jpg

• 5 years later...
On 3/14/2018 at 3:39 PM, firebuck said:

You might like a Pain Killer - that's one of my goto fruity drinks.

2-4 oz. of Pusser's Rum

4 oz. pineapple juice

1 oz. cream of coconut

1 oz. orange juice

Grated fresh nutmeg

Bumping this old thread.

Is this the recipe they use on the ships?

Mrs Fan started getting a BBC (Banana, Bailey's, Coconut) on the last trip at embarkation. It's a whipped up frozen thing that seems more like a spiked milkshake.

I still like a good Bloody Mary for breakfast.  I took advice from another poster and brought a jar of blue cheese stuffed olives to add to the Bloody Mary. Dad Gum that was good advice.  Then for me the rest of the time is Buffalo Trace on the rocks (my preference at home is Tennessee Whiskey over bourbon, specifically Dickel 12).