Cozumel beach day

constable145

So due to a recent change in my my domestic situation, the cruise that was planned for my wife, daughter and myself in a 2 bedroom ATS will now just be my kid and I in a 2d balcony room.

To hell with her... there's nothing stopping a father from travelling with his kid just the 2 of them....

So... my kid loves the beach. I like all-inclusive options.. We're going to Cozumel....  Anyone have experience with either Nachi or Mr Sanchos?

Last time I was in Cozumel the wife and I did the ilsa pasion by twister, but I don't think my little buddy will be big enough for that trip just yet.

@Matt I'm too lazy to surf through your podcasts.. I know you've talked about this very subject...

59 minutes ago, constable145 said:

To hell with her... there's nothing stopping a father from travelling with his kid just the 2 of them....

Umm, actually...

I remember reading a couple of posts here from single parents asking about the paperwork they need to bring their minor child on board, and I’m pretty sure that one thing I read multiple times was that if the other parent is alive, then you need a notarized or other official letter giving their permission to take the child out of the country.

I’ll see if I can find the links to that so it can be confirmed, but you may also want to double-check that yourself. Because if that’s correct then strictly speaking, she can stop you.

5 minutes ago, JLMoran said:

Umm, actually...

I remember reading a couple of posts here from single parents asking about the paperwork they need to bring their minor child on board, and I’m pretty sure that one thing I read multiple times was that if the other parent is alive, then you need a notarized or other official letter giving their permission to take the child out of the country.

I’ll see if I can find the links to that so it can be confirmed, but you may also want to double-check that yourself. Because if that’s correct then strictly speaking, she can stop you.

I meant figuratively..  Meaning there is no reason I a single parent can't travel with his kid. We had a big family vacation planned and now our family dynamic has changed. 

I already have the letter ready to go. 

I just meant there's no reason why my kid and I can't cruise together.  Just like my wife and her can go if they wan't. I'm well aware of the legalities but it was a figurative expression, not literal.

@constable145 sorry to hear about your recent change in family dynamics. Here's a few things to read through that I recall seeing recently:

https://www.royalcaribbeanblog.com/2015/11/04/excursion-focus-nachi-cocom-beach-break-cozumel-mexico

https://www.royalcaribbeanblog.com/2017/11/29/excursion-focus-nachi-cocom-beach-break-review-cozumel-mexico

A vacation is exactly what you make out of it. I'm sure you and your daughter will still have a great time!

With kids, I would look at Mr. Sanchos or Playa Mia.

Like I said in a previous post, we've been to Playa Mia 3 times with kids.  Great time.  Aqua park, snorkeling off the beach (not great snorkeling but its easy), pools, waterslides, etc.  Love the grounds but not the food...not a great buffet but we go there for the stuff.  It was always kept very clean. While it used to be offered as an RC excursion, we always booked directly online to pay less and took a taxi over.  

Good luck and have a great trip with your kids!

• 9 months later...
5 hours ago, Lovetocruise2002 said:

@constable145 @Matt recently did a blog post on another property in Cozumel.  IIRC, he liked it quite a bit.  Here's the link:

https://www.royalcaribbeanblog.com/2018/11/29/el-cozumeleno-beach-resort-day-pass-all-inclusive-review-cozumel-mexico

ya.. I've looked at a bunch- but the waterpark at Playa Mia is what tips the scale.. that's my 5 year old's jam.

11 hours ago, constable145 said:

Sorry to resurrect an old post- but I'm less than 4 away from my trip now.... 

For those who have done Playa Mia- did you book directly through the ship? I'm leaning towards booking directly through Playa Mia as they offer an all-inclusive option that RCI does not seem to.

I booked it directly online and its very easy as they will have your name when you check in.  I think the biggest downside now to Playa Mia is that they used to have a deposit only option but the last time I booked it you were required to pay in full and the refund options were very limited.  I think next time we are in Cozumel, we'll head to Mr Sanchos or Paradise Beach.