New Website for Royal - Bugs!

Kind of crazy that you are taken to a new account page and then you have to supply them with the reservation number of anything already reserved. History is also completely wiped and the new page is saying that our Crown and Anchor Society number cannot be found when we supply it. Glad I am not the only one seeing these issues; it looks like this is part of their update where they are trying to merge the mobile and desktop experiences but like others have pointed out, updates like this in the IT world should go through Dev and Test environments before ever reaching production. 

Posted this on the separate discussion in the News & Rumors board, but will re-post here for maximum coverage:

If you happen to be using a browser extension like Ad Blocker or Ghostery to keep the ads and trackers to a minimum, it may be worthwhile to try white listing the Royal Caribbean site and trying again. I found that things like entering my reservation numbers or just using the navigation menu were breaking until I white listed the site in Ghostery. It seems the new site is using some third-party add-on that gets blocked by the extension and is critical for proper functioning of the new site.

All this restored for me was the ability to log in and out, navigate the new site, and see my existing and upcoming reservations. It did nothing for improved Cruise Planner functionality (still have to enter my reservation details to get anywhere), seeing my future cruises on the dashboard (even though they show up on the Cruises page, but that page doesn't let me access the Cruise Planner), or any of the other major functional issues that others have been noting. But if you've been having trouble just with basic access and you use one of these blocker tools, it can't hurt to try.

• 1 month later...

This site is so poor. It’s nit onky hard to find anything, it doesn’t work. When I was paying for the cruise, it kept failing. I eventually managed to get my payment through. 

I managed to check in. After that, I keep getting told my login was locked when I was trying to print my set sail pass. This has been happening for two weeks. 

I clicked the link to email in a support question. I didn’t get a response. I phoned and the guy said I must have emailed the wrong address. He unlocked my account and I was able to get to the page to print the set sail pass. However, when I clicked the button, I got a blank page. Was told to try again with a different browser and got the same issue. The guy finally emailed me the pass. 

9 minutes ago, Iveivan said:

This site is so poor. It’s nit onky hard to find anything, it doesn’t work. When I was paying for the cruise, it kept failing. I eventually managed to get my payment through. 

I managed to check in. After that, I keep getting told my login was locked when I was trying to print my set sail pass. This has been happening for two weeks. 

I clicked the link to email in a support question. I didn’t get a response. I phoned and the guy said I must have emailed the wrong address. He unlocked my account and I was able to get to the page to print the set sail pass. However, when I clicked the button, I got a blank page. Was told to try again with a different browser and got the same issue. The guy finally emailed me the pass. 

So sad

• 1 month later...

On my way to Pinnacle and still loyal to RCCL.....but.  This new website sucks.
Not user friendly.

Whoever designed it and approved its launch needs to go.

I was so fed up that ended up checking NCL for a 14 day S. America and did book it with them. By the way.  The food was AWESOME. 

• 2 weeks later...

I've been fighting with the website for a month.  Different computers, mac and pc, different browsers, cleared cache, etc.  Called support and they were clueless.   What I did finally find to work tonight and it has been flawless is to use the Chrome browser in incognito mode.  This way no cookies or data is cached.  This was the solution to all my woes and I was able to print 5 set sail passes and luggage tags and actually be able to browse excursions, etc.   Prior to incognito mode, it was hit or miss being able to actually see my reservation(s) with most of the time getting errors saying my account could not be updated or accessed at this time.

Use incognito mode!  Or try private mode in other browsers.