The New "Seamless" Website

1 hour ago, Orange Crush said:

What's odd is that my cruise from 2000 was worth 8 points before this website "up"grade, it's only dropped to one point since they changed the site over.

Were your 1 pointers showing that way before the new site?

Yes, my 1-pointers were always 1-pointers....even after they were converted.

The truth is, while the number of cruises they have for me and the overall points value is correct, I’m not sure that all of my past cruises are even listed. I guess all I really care about is the points total so I haven’t really checked that closely. 

13 hours ago, WAAAYTOOO said:

Yes, my 1-pointers were always 1-pointers....even after they were converted.

The truth is, while the number of cruises they have for me and the overall points value is correct, I’m not sure that all of my past cruises are even listed. I guess all I really care about is the points total so I haven’t really checked that closely. 

I emailed their support address, we'll see what comes back.  In the meantime, I did a little digging.  It looks like the "grand conversion" happened January 21, 2011.  Prior to that, it looks like the system was:

• 1 point per sailing
  • +1 additional point for Junior Suite or higher
  • +1 additional point for 12+ night sailings

When they converted old points to new points they used some funny math.  It looks like they based it on where you were relative to your C&A level so that if you were one cruise away from the next level, you'd be in the same relative position under the new system.  I found this conversion table:

Old Points => New Points => C&A Level

1 => 8 => GOLD
. . .
5 => 38 => PLATINUM
. . .
8 => 69 => EMERALD
. . .
10 => 83 => DIAMOND
. . .
24 => 181 => DIAMOND PLUS
. . .
99 => 706 => PINNACLE

Edited by Orange Crush
Abbreviated the super long table

9 hours ago, Orange Crush said:

I emailed their support address, we'll see what comes back.  In the meantime, I did a little digging.  It looks like the "grand conversion" happened January 21, 2011.  Prior to that, it looks like the system was:

• 1 point per sailing

When they converted old points to new points they used some funny math.  It looks like they based it on where you were relative to your C&A level so that if you were one cruise away from the next level, you'd be in the same relative position under the new system.  I found this conversion table:

That makes sense after seeing that conversion table.  When they converted it in 2011, I was sitting at 5 cruise points that turned into 38 at conversion. Like @WAAAYTOOO, I had no idea what kind of formula was being used but I was at a stage in life where cruising was on the back burner anyway.  Going forward, all my points have added up correctly.  Thanks for looking into this.

Wow , calling it "some bumps" is really good example of using euphemism.

Some bumps is to drove on a new road which still has some small holes in it which you feel from time to time , what they have done here is to divert everyone to a new road that someone forgot to build a bridge over a 1000 feet abyss which exist on the first mile.

8 hours ago, Dan G said:

I found a solution to the website!  It's booze. 

As for my cat, he can't be bribed into accepting anything but purrfection. He also knows "too soon" of a roll out of a website when he sees one. 

Happy Friday!

IMG_2976.JPG

And another black cat fan here on the boards! This is awesome!

Happy Caturday!

On 3/8/2018 at 2:51 PM, DunkelBierJay said:

I was able to get to the cruise planner from the main login page, but it looks like you have to start from scratch probably because everything has not been moved over. I wish I had screenshots of my calendar for my next cruise. At least I have my email confirmations. Does anyone have fear that previously made reservations will disappear?

All mine did.

The only thing that concerns me is that they still do not recognize my old crown and anchor number. It's dumb but I want to make sure we're not missing out on those sweet sweet loyalty points. A working history of past cruises would be nice too. I might shoot an email to that group listed in the letter.

4 hours ago, TheElDiluvio said:

The only thing that concerns me is that they still do not recognize my old crown and anchor number. It's dumb but I want to make sure we're not missing out on those sweet sweet loyalty points. A working history of past cruises would be nice too. I might shoot an email to that group listed in the letter.

I wrote an email and received a reply that they would be back in touch 48-72 hours later. One week later, I replied and asked then for an update. Today, they replied to that. They told me my reservation needed to be 7 digits and if I sent that to them or any loyalty number they could work with me.

I am done with this. My response pointed out that my 7 digit reservation number and my crown and anchor number ( both not recognized) were included in my email- please look below. 

Thanks to everyone here that pointed me in me in the direction of all the “work arounds”.

1 hour ago, PrincipalTinker said:

I wrote an email and received a reply that they would be back in touch 48-72 hours later. One week later, I replied and asked then for an update. Today, they replied to that. They told me my reservation needed to be 7 digits and if I sent that to them or any loyalty number they could work with me.

I am done with this. My response pointed out that my 7 digit reservation number and my crown and anchor number ( both not recognized) were included in my email- please look below. 

Thanks to everyone here that pointed me in me in the direction of all the “work arounds”.

Hmm... For what it's worth, something that I did today fixed everything for me because my C&A society profile cruise history are all now there and its working great. It was one of two things:

I did email them with my C&A society number along with my old and new account information. They did not respond to me but perhaps they fixed it?

I tried to edit my profile and add my C&A society number from in there. It did not work at first, but then I (and I know how weird this sounds) added my middle name, saved it, and then deleted my middle name. At that point it sync'd great and took my C&A society number with no problem. A few minutes later when I checked the whole cruise history was there and it recognized who I was. Just in case this helps at all!

13 hours ago, TheElDiluvio said:

Hmm... For what it's worth, something that I did today fixed everything for me because my C&A society profile cruise history are all now there and its working great. It was one of two things:

I did email them with my C&A society number along with my old and new account information. They did not respond to me but perhaps they fixed it?

I tried to edit my profile and add my C&A society number from in there. It did not work at first, but then I (and I know how weird this sounds) added my middle name, saved it, and then deleted my middle name. At that point it sync'd great and took my C&A society number with no problem. A few minutes later when I checked the whole cruise history was there and it recognized who I was. Just in case this helps at all!

That's got to be the weirdest workaround I have ever heard !  Why would you even think to try that !  Pure genius.

On ‎3‎/‎24‎/‎2018 at 7:45 AM, JLMoran said:

Happy Caturday!

On ‎3‎/‎24‎/‎2018 at 7:45 AM, JLMoran said:

Happy Caturday!

Jl I love the black kitty looks like my house beer and black cats it don't get any better then that:11_blush:

On 3/22/2018 at 1:04 PM, WAAAYTOOO said:

Back in 2000 they were awarding points on a per-cruise basis, not on a per-night basis like they are now.  There was a GRAND CONVERSION done on all of the old cruises when they switched over to the per-night points so you would have been given some kind of conversion rate for that old cruise.  I never understood it...I just accepted it.

I have a number of cruises that just show 1 point.  These are all of the old cruises under the old points system.  Perhaps someone, smarter than me, could quote you the algorithm that they used to convert those old cruises to the new system but I truly do not know how they did it.

Funny that I just caught up with this thread and saw this as I was on the phone today with supervisor Megan (after upgrading from talking with CSA Tim) from RCI to ask exactly that.  I was told that when the conversion took place, ALL previously completed cruises were changed from 1 point per cruise to 7 points.  They had determined that the average cruise length was 7 nights. You were then assigned 'bonus points' based on the number of cruises you had completed.  Our two cruises netted us ONE additional bonus point. 

The problem with the 7 points per cruise calculation is that people who had moved quickly and cheaply through the tiers by taking short (2-5 night) cruises were given extra points that they would not have earned under the new system and the folks who liked long cruises (14 nights, anyone?) got those same 7 points instead of the 14 or so points they should have received!  When I mentioned this to Megan, she told me that RC didn't want to have to demote people from the classes that they had reached (by gaming the system IMO) under the old accounting method. 

For an apples to apples comparison, someone who took 3 Four night cruises got their old '3 point' total upped to 21 points under the new system while someone who took a 14 night cruise got their '1 point' total upped to only 7 points under the new system.  Does that seem fair?  It makes sense to Royal Caribbean.

I politely pushed Megan to the point that she became rather icy in her refusal to award points in a more equitable manner.  I'll wait a few weeks and try again.  I want my missing point!

tenor.gif

31 minutes ago, Dan G said:

I think I speak for a majority of people when I say I definitely do not have a countdown at all.  

It's Clear your website is better than mine haha

#BlackCats

Maybe they put the countdown only certain time before the cruise ? I do not know .  

Do not get me wrong , even now almost four weeks from the roll out still many things are not working and some things are working only some times.

The site itself , I do not really like the new design (some will call it minimalist clean design , I will call it something else but this site is family friendly site so I will skip it  :1_grinning: ) 

Honestly, I think the website looks like a phone app.  I've noticed that on several recent website designs.  Rather than maintaining a separate version of the site for mobile users, just go with the minimal effect for all.  This made sense a few years ago, but modern phones might as well be laptops, so I've got mine set to always show the full desktop version.

1 hour ago, ABFrenchie said:

I have to change my password every single time I log in because the website doesn't seem to remember the prior change. So frustrating...

Try using your email address instead of your old username.  I had the same thing happen to me (changed passwords about 5 times) but once I started signing in with my email address it stopped asking me to change my password.

18 hours ago, Dan G said:

Well, almost a month later and I still don't have half the options working. No countdown clock, etc. Hmmmm

I received an email today that all my issues were fixed. I first contacted them on a March 9th. My “reservation is not associated with your name”.... still. Nope, still not fixed.

On 3/23/2018 at 7:47 AM, Orange Crush said:

• 1 point per sailing

Following up on my earlier post, my C&A points have been corrected.  They responded to my email and basically said it was a known issue and a fix would go out in a week or two.  I just checked today, and my C&A points now show the correct balance.