The New "Seamless" Website

6 minutes ago, PrincipalTinker said:

Are there other people who still cannot access their upcoming cruises? I am 30 days away and now the other older links no longer work. I am getting so very, very discouraged.

Try this one, just plug in your username & password, hopefully it will work for you: https://secure.royalcaribbean.com/mycruises/processLogin.do 

rjac - that link works best for me. I can access my 2nd cruise that won't show up on the new platform. IMO the site is now on a basic functionality basis and using these backdoor threads is the only way to get things done. It really is a head scratcher on why this continues to not get fixed. I truly can't imagine a person who normally cruises a different line, to visit the site and succefully book a cruise. No less schedule excursions. Anyway... it's fun to see my first ever post on this blog flourishing with opinions and visitors. It's a pity the subject matter isn't more fun....like a Royal Suite and a hot tub on the balcony!

36 minutes ago, Matt said:

FWIW, Royal Caribbean's CEO posted a letter apologizing for the problem on FB.

Too bad it took over a week for them to respond.  This should have been sent out last week.  I hope that things will get better as promised but I am not optimistic.

Guest toodle68

My worry is that how it is right now, is as designed.. The UI for your cruises allows you to do almost nothing.. and to get to cruise planner, you have to enter booking details. It feels like this is what was planned since there isn't any errors now..

Well I was able to get in on my first try. Guess it paid off to  wait at least a week!...lol

Did find it strange that after signing in AND updating all my info as well as having to enter my own CA# (and will take 24-48hrs to link it) that I then had to enter all my info of my cruise to get into my cruise planner.....seems like a lot of work.

BUT at least my cruise was showing.....AND they actually had a good deal in my cruise planner...BOGO for the drink package......I didn't see my previous cruises listed but I didn't look real hard either. Figured I should get out while things were working and not tempt fate....:4_joy:

1 hour ago, monctonguy said:

I didn't see my previous cruises listed but I didn't look real hard either. Figured I should get out while things were working and not tempt fate....:4_joy:

Previous cruises showed up for me on my second successful login (after adding my C&A number to the account on the first pass).

OK, I finally figured out one source of my pain with the new site. I have a browser extension called Ghostery that I use to block the million add-ons that sites use nowadays for showing adds, tracking what I'm doing, adding share buttons for Facebook / Instagram / Pinterest / etc, and so on. It seems that the updated Royal site uses something that has to be loaded and functioning for the site to fully work properly; after whitelisting the site in Ghostery and reloading, things like the Sign Out button started working again, and the site suddenly started showing my upcoming cruises (where before it said I had nothing).

Good news is that it seems the site doesn't load that many add-ons, so whitelisting it doesn't seem like it will be an issue. But this is becoming an increasingly frequent thing with a lot of sites, where they can't function correctly if you don't have at least some of those trackers or other doo-dads allowed to work. I happen to like my privacy and not sharing every last bit of data with companies I don't do frequent business with (and even most companies that I do have frequent business with; no, you may not have my phone number or email Stop & Shop, it's totally irrelevant to me being able to buy groceries from you).

Joe,

I'm running Adblocker Plus. Just disabled it and tried to log into the pain in the a** new website and it was unsuccessful. No luck going incognito either. What a mess!

Here's a letter from Michael Bayley that was on Facebook. Nice, now quit screwing around AND FIX THIS MESS!!!

Good morning everyone,
I wanted to write our loyal Crown & Anchor members to both acknowledge and apologize for the issues you are experiencing with our new Guest Account functionality and more importantly update you with the current status. I know that many of you are wasting valuable time and energy migrating to our new Guest Account system. Please know that we hear you, we read everything and we have mobilized the necessary resources to fix the problems.
Our new Guest Account capability is well-intended and will ultimately make everyone’s life easier by having one username and password and a unified account that will make using our various systems seamless whether onshore or at sea. We’ve also invested in upgrading our security capabilities to provide additional protection. The root cause of everyone’s frustration is a combination of many guests having created multiple accounts over the years, the elimination of being able to select amenities and preferences online for our loyal Crown & Anchor members, and mistakes we made in developing and implementing the first release of this new capability. Long story short, we simply did not deliver on this implementation despite our best intentions.
Recognizing all of this, we have assembled a focused team to fix every possible issue. We have a clear list of fixes and the team is working fast to implement solutions to resolve both data issues and restore functionality. They’re making progress and you will see an improved experience in the coming days. If you are continuing to have issues, we’ve also created an email account at guestaccounthelp@rccl.com to reach the dedicated team directly versus having to call customer service.
We realize that none of what I’ve said changes the fact that we’ve added complication and frustration for our loyal guests. Please know that we value your loyalty and rather than try to give you some vague excuses as to what’s taken place, I want you to know that we recognize our mistakes and are working hard to fix them quickly.
Thank you for your patience and your loyalty. We don’t take it for granted and are working hard and fast to address the situation.
Michael

4 hours ago, monctonguy said:

AND they actually had a good deal in my cruise planner...BOGO for the drink package......

Dang, that made me quickly log in and see if I could get that for my next cruise.  Sadly it wasn't offered.  Probably would have been pricey regardless, as it's an 11 day cruise! LOL

Working in IT I can understand the possible issues with multiple accounts over all the different brands. However, I would have thought this would have come up during testing and they would have undertaken some kind of data cleansing before executing the migration.

i am assuming they have a reasonable sized test system and it has a good sampling of production data.

i agree they should have sent an email as well as FB post but we may get that email in the next day or so.

i think people would be far more understanding if they had sent an email at the start of the upgrade and sent other communications as needed. Sure you would still get the “sort your sh*t out” posts but people tend to feel more lenient if they know there are issues and they are being worked on.

At the end of day RCI want the website up and running just as quickly as we do. In the short term it impacts their business and customer good will. Nobody wants their brand being discussed on social media in a negative way. The media picks up on it and then it just snowballs

Medium term people will move on so there should be no lasting damage done.

i just hope the changes will be worth all the pain. I suspect for most existing customers they won’t be. New customers will know no different.

Sorry , but this letter is even worse .

Saying that the problems are due to people having  duplicate accounts can not explain the useless UI , nor the fact you need to give your cruise details every time you want to access cruise planner or starting online check in.

its just an insult to our inelegance 

2 hours ago, rjac said:

Is it me or can anyone else here log into the "new seamless" RCI website? :47_tired_face:

I am beginning to think I must have lost my mind. Exactly 4 weeks from today I am leaving on my cruise. Every day I log in and it tells me it cannot find my name or reservation number. Every time I log in I hopevmy reservation will magically appear- silly isn’t it?

39 minutes ago, PrincipalTinker said:

I am beginning to think I must have lost my mind. Exactly 4 weeks from today I am leaving on my cruise. Every day I log in and it tells me it cannot find my name or reservation number. Every time I log in I hopevmy reservation will magically appear- silly isn’t it?

I agree with you. Here's a link that will get you where you can log in with your username and password: https://secure.royalcaribbean.com/mycruises/processLogin.do. You should be able to do the  on line register and print off your documents. We embark on 3/25, fortunately, I did the on line registration and document  weeks ago before this shi* storm happened. :27_sunglasses:

3 minutes ago, rjac said:

I agree with you. Here's a link that will get you where you can log in with your username and password: https://secure.royalcaribbean.com/mycruises/processLogin.do. You should be able to do the  on line register and print off your documents. We embark on 3/25, fortunately, I did the on line registration and document  weeks ago before this shi* storm happened. :27_sunglasses:

Is it unusual that I do not have any documents to print 28 days before a cruise?

Guest toodle68

I agree, the duplicate accounts do not explain the totally crappy UI or lack of ability to complete many of the things we used to be able to do. Regardless of the back end issues, it feels like what is now working, is actually what was intended.  

2 hours ago, toodle68 said:

I agree, the duplicate accounts do not explain the totally crappy UI or lack of ability to complete many of the things we used to be able to do. Regardless of the back end issues, it feels like what is now working, is actually what was intended.  

I have a fear you may be correct and now they are trying to handle the negative backlash. It’s very pointless to even log into an account if you have to reeenter everything over and over. The account serves no purpose. 

Wonder if this is some new fangled web design process ...

Lets just launch a blank page and when people complain that it doesn't X or Y then we can figure out how to do that and add it to the website ... plus we can tell them that its their fault that we have to add that functionality unexpectedly so they should be patient while we customize it to work for them.

7 hours ago, F1guynz said:

Good progress today

The cruise planner is now working properly. When you logon to your account and select the cruise planner it takes you in straight away without having to enter your reservation number.

Glad to hear someone is making progress. Here's what I end up with when I try to login:

image.thumb.png.df1f0d240a26eac0c4caf63dde12c076.png