The New "Seamless" Website

12 minutes ago, tiny260 said:

link my wife C&A number.

@tiny260 I have a really stupid question so don't laugh. Is there any reason to have hubby sign up for C&A even though we are together in same cabin? Does he earn the same points? I was C&A member back before most of you were born so it's all new again! LOL

Got to Cruise Planner from the main RCCL page, "Already booked" "Cruise Planner" "Reserve Now", entered the information for my cruise and then I could see everything including what I had already booked by viewing my calendar.

Edit 1, linking back out of the Cruise Planner to "My Cruises" didn't work, it just took me back to the new main log in page.

Edited by tiny260

1 minute ago, Boston Babe said:

@tiny260 I have a really stupid question so don't laugh. Is there any reason to have hubby sign up for C&A even though we are together in same cabin? Does he earn the same points? I was C&A member back before most of you were born so it's all new again! LOL

Yes, you want him to have his own number, then you both get the benefits. An example, as a Diamond my wife and I get 3 drinks, per night loaded to our sea pass card that can be used at any bar, I don't drink so basically my wife gets 6 drinks every night, another example would be that you buy 1 shake at Johnny Rockets and get one free, so with both cards being C&A members you get 2 free shakes, etc., etc..

With the drinks provided because of our status we never buy a drink package, my wife is good to get 2 glasses of wine a night, much less trying to get 6 down.

Other people will have other opinions, but IMO, it's worth it, it's free... if you've cruised Royal in the past you can always call C&A and try to have them retro him back to his first cruise.

Glad I am not the only one that is having trouble!  I was able to log in, but I can only see the reservation numbers.  There is nothing else clickable on the dashboard to take me to other reservations (dining, excursions etc) on the page.  Hopefully the kinks will be worked out soon enough.

50 minutes ago, RBRSKI said:

Not touching the site until as least tomorrow  :3_grin:

Me too.  I do have a few things that I wanted to get in the cruise planner before our cruise in 16 days but it will wait.   At least I printed out our Sail Passes on Monday!

1 hour ago, Pipedream said:

We leave Sunday. . .if we can't get on the website to print out the Set Sail pass, will they do that for us at the terminal?

Believe it or not, some people just show up at the terminal with only their ID.  It takes a little longer, but it is always a fall back.  

18 minutes ago, tiny260 said:

@merissa123 and @melski94, see my post above, you can get to cruise planner off the main page, I just booked dinning for my grandson that I just added to my reservation.

Thanks!  Off the main page (don't log in), click "Already Booked" and then "Cruise Planner".  On the next page, click "Reserve Now" and on the following page, you'll need to enter your last name, reservation number, departure date and ship.

Cruise Critic has a huge thread where people are reporting that when (and if) they can get through to anyone on the phone they are being told it will take until Monday before the entire database is loaded on the new site.  If that's the official company line, then maybe they shouldn't have made the new website live until then!  If you aren't leaving in the next few days, I wouldn't touch the website!

I was able to get to the cruise planner from the main login page, but it looks like you have to start from scratch probably because everything has not been moved over. I wish I had screenshots of my calendar for my next cruise. At least I have my email confirmations. Does anyone have fear that previously made reservations will disappear?

The Australian website has changed as well. It still seems to have a number of issues.

In the meantime I have found I can access the cruise planner and the old website by using this link.

https://secure.royalcaribbean.com/mycruises/processLogin.do

The site seems to work okay using this.,

2 hours ago, baltodave said:

Thanks!  Off the main page (don't log in), click "Already Booked" and then "Cruise Planner".  On the next page, click "Reserve Now" and on the following page, you'll need to enter your last name, reservation number, departure date and ship.

@LindsayThis works to access the Cruise Planner. Just bought the internet package.

Now I just realized,  did not print a SetSail pass for 1 of the kids (Oops) and luggage tags for the kids room. Going to try tomorrow.

2 hours ago, F1guynz said:

The Australian website has changed as well. It still seems to have a number of issues.

In the meantime I have found I can access the cruise planner and the old website by using this link.

Thanks for this tip, F1, it worked!:27_sunglasses:

22 minutes ago, melski94 said:

@LindsayThis works to access the Cruise Planner. Just bought the internet package.

Now I just realized,  did not print a SetSail pass for 1 of the kids (Oops) and luggage tags for the kids room. Going to try tomorrow.

F1 posted this link, give it a try, worked for me. It takes you to the previous website: https://secure.royalcaribbean.com/mycruises/processLogin.do

Wow , this is a poor production roll-out , I just do not envy whoever responsible for that, it look like very bad planning .

Yes, as @twangster  said such upgrade  projects are very complicate but there  are ways  to avoid it. as part of my  job I am responsible to bring projects to production  and it can be much better (well if I want to keep my job anyway):

1. Dress Rehearsal until you have perfection the plan , timing and automation.

2. If your migration takes so much time (4-5 days !! , which I do not really understand why), migrate all the history first (which is not changing) and during the roll out period update the online information (which you have much less) , do not try to migrate something and than catch up.

3.Notify you customer before so they can do urgent changes if they needed , put some message on your website with estimate time to return to normal , do not wait for people to try and catch you on the phone.

4. Your planned upgrade takes much more time ? , rollback, bring the old site on , do some  lesson learn and more DRs and try again on another date.

5. Your data is too big to migrated in few hours , create some co living application between the old and new sites and divide the population to several migrations while keeping the other customers on the old system

There are many other things that can be done , but I think it was boring  enough  :1_grinning:

One good thing I can take from this indecent  , next time when one of our customers will complain why  I am asking his system to be partially down for few hours during major upgrades I can refer him to what happened here.

8 hours ago, F1guynz said:

Thank you, I need to print off all the information for our cruise on the 18th.

Didn't RC recently recruit a team of people to sit in their corporate headquarters and test their website development? Did they not get any takers, or did these people not know what they were doing, or did RC just not listen to them? Seems this should have been fully tested before they flipped the switch.  They at least made it LOOK like they were trying to do the right thing.

49 minutes ago, Sailor_to_Cruiser said:

Didn't RC recently recruit a team of people to sit in their corporate headquarters and test their website development?

The testing for the website starts on the 12th and goes through to the 16th. The testing is about usability I think so hopefully the dB update will be complete by Monday.

On 3/8/2018 at 8:13 AM, baltodave said:

I can log in to the new site but can't figure out how to get to the cruise planner.   What am I missing?

Same issue...tried to set my dinner reservations for upcoming sailing like the email told me to do....after about 10 minutes, I gave up in frustration. Not very user friendly. Not sure how to get to the area to print my seapass......but then again. RCCL has never been know for having a decent website.

I see an.access cruise planner button has appeared on the account page. 

Don’t get too excited as it doesn’t work yet. It takes you to another logon page and when you logon it takes you back to your account page.

You can also click on reserve now and enter all your details to get to the planner.

Baby steps I guess.

12 minutes ago, F1guynz said:

I see an.access cruise planner button has appeared on the account page. 

Don’t get too excited as it doesn’t work yet. It takes you to another logon page and when you logon it takes you back to your account page.

You can also click on reserve now and enter all your details to get to the planner.

Baby steps I guess.

Was just about to post this same info. So frustrating.