Messenger App on Independence of the Seas??

4 hours ago, twangster said:

Not at this time.  There is hope a texting feature will become available in the new Royal app that is speculated to become functional on all ships in the future.  

So hoping this gets to vision by 2019.....wont be here in time for freedom this year.  We do totally ok without voom but it would be nice.  Jane

12 minutes ago, Lindsay said:

There is a Royal app?????

The newest app in the Google Play and Apple app store is called "Royal Caribbean International" .  Once installed it simply says "Royal".  

Currently only enabled for Allure, Enchantment, Oasis and Serenade.  It started out with just Allure and they have been adding ships every so often.  The expectation is that this will be the standard app used across the fleet.  Symphony is likely next but that's speculation on my part.

At a tech event in NYC late last year they stated the new app would have free texting between users on the same reservation.   That hasn't been enabled yet on any of the four ships the app currently supports.  

Royal.JPG

42 minutes ago, Lindsay said:

There is a Royal app?????

I would truly welcome such an app BUT I have little confidence in Royals IT people there website works terribly I go on the crown and anchor website to check package prices when I try to back out of cruise planner I always get BAD REQUEST which leaves the booking open for about 30 minutes so no changes can be made or you cant check other bookings without going back to square one or select other things like shore excursions for about 30 minutes if you go to firefox no problem works well.I worked for large companies for many years before retiring and was there at the get go for IT depts.and never had the problems Royal has it is my opinion that they replace there IT staff with people that know what there doing I am sure they could hire far better then what they have now with just the profit they are now making from the new drink package rule :1_grinning: ha ha just kidding come on  royal you can do better than this for now firefox it is

34 minutes ago, henrysea13 said:

I would truly welcome such an app BUT I have little confidence in Royals IT people there website works terribly I go on the crown and anchor website to check package prices when I try to back out of cruise planner I always get BAD REQUEST which leaves the booking open for about 30 minutes so no changes can be made or you cant check other bookings without going back to square one or select other things like shore excursions for about 30 minutes if you go to firefox no problem works well.I worked for large companies for many years before retiring and was there at the get go for IT depts.and never had the problems Royal has it is my opinion that they replace there IT staff with people that know what there doing I am sure they could hire far better then what they have now with just the profit they are now making from the new drink package rule :1_grinning: ha ha just kidding come on  royal you can do better than this for now firefox it is

I've led IT departments.  Any IT shop is only as good as the funding it gets.  Many companies don't see value in IT, it's a just an expense to them.  I'm not saying that is how Mr. Bayley views IT but I've turned down jobs at companies when IT doesn't report to the CEO.  When they report to the CFO it's not a fun place to be. 

3 minutes ago, twangster said:

I've led IT departments.  Any IT shop is only as good as the funding it gets.  Many companies don't see value in IT, it's a just an expense to them.  I'm not saying that is how Mr. Baylee views IT but I've turned down jobs at companies when IT doesn't report to the CEO.  When they report to the CFO it's not a fun place to be. 

I totally agree Twangster its all about the money but a company as large as Royal that so heavily depends on the websites for income bookings sales of all types should have one of the best IT depts.around every time a potential sale is botched by the dreaded "bad request or try again later"another missed opportunity occurs in my humble opinion I thank you very much for replying to my post so quickly for I value your input if I were Mr Bayley I would look into the operation of what I consider to be a very essential part of the company entrusted to me and the overall bottom line Cruise on my friends 

5 minutes ago, Lindsay said:

What new rule!?!!????

Every adult in a stateroom must buy the deluxe drink package if 1 person buys it, so no more buying and sharing as some have done.

There are medical and religious reasons (Plus others that I don't remember) that this doens't have to happen but you have to call them to get the exception, but what I've read on here they are being pretty stringent.

3 minutes ago, Lindsay said:

What new rule!?!!????

purchasing deluxe package for everyone in the cabin over 21 what used to cost me 300 now costs me 600 even though the other person in my party may and I repeat may drink one beer a day I was told that the exceptions do not take into consideration the very light drinkers and a very close friend of mine asked me what would stop him from claiming religious expense and sharing I said everything is paid for and recorded to your seapass if the computer saw any irregularitys  to your ordering they would be able to detect it and probably revoke your package with no refund 

Just now, henrysea13 said:

purchasing deluxe package for everyone in the cabin over 21 what used to cost me 300 now costs me 600 even though the other person in my party may and I repeat may drink one beer a day I was told that the exceptions do not take into consideration the very light drinkers and a very close friend of mine asked me what would stop him from claiming religious expense and sharing I said everything is paid for and recorded to your seapass if the computer saw any irregularitys  to your ordering they would be able to detect it and probably revoke your package with no refund 

As you probably already know, I think Royal was the last to adopt this rule as many other cruise lines have had this rule forever.  I just hadn't heard that they put this rule into play yet.  Wow!  Good to know!   When did they announce this? 

Thank you. 

Just now, Lindsay said:

As you probably already know, I think Royal was the last to adopt this rule as many other cruise lines have had this rule forever.  I just hadn't heard that they put this rule into play yet.  Wow!  Good to know!   When did they announce this? 

Thank you. 

this rule was part of the Royal culture way back and brought back as of January 1 2018 if you are booked before then you went under the old rule and did not have to buy for everybody 21 and up I went on the indy in January and was able to buy just mine I will say that a family member in another room with an adult also in the room bought the refreshment package pre cruise and on the ship before it sailed went to one of the sales tables on the promenade and paid the difference to upgrade to the deluxe and did not have to pay for the other person the key they told me was before it sailed according to the sales person new year new rules