Allure Skips San Juan Too

Gears

18 minutes ago, Matt said:

Very surprising!

In our years of cruising we have never missed a docked port of call. Tendered, yes, several.

Capt’n said swells in the entrance channel were at 20ft.

Aside from a brisk wind it’s clear, sunny and 78 degrees.

1 hour ago, monctonguy said:

Would be disappointing for some to say the least....two missed stops and all seas days so far?

its been a rough cruise so far it seems...

Weather is great except for the brisk wind on the top deck. 

2 minutes ago, KLAconQueso said:

Is it weird that I'd love to see the line at Guest Services right now?

... it is? Okay. I'll show myself out. 

(Seriously though - sorry about the weather! Hope you're having a great cruise and making the best of it anyway!)

We’ve made the ship the destination in this case. Lots to do on the Allure. 

Headliner show was supposed to get on in San Juan...woopsie! He’s flying to St. Thomas tomorrow.

Just a heads up regarding changes in cruise itinerary.  Nationwide Choice plan travel insurance, and possible other plans,  cover changes in itinerary, whether the changes were made pre-departure or during the actual cruise.  Our cruise last November that was altered from Eastern to Western Caribbean due to hurricane damage was eligible for a $750 per person reimbursement, even though the cruise wasn't cancelled.  Changes in itinerary made during the actual cruise were covered for a lessor amount (I don't recall exactly), but still a significant sum.  With the insurance claim, our cost for the cruise was about $500 for the two of us.

That said, the ethics of making such a claim was discussed a length on another board last year.  But you buy a policy and hold the insurer to the coverages that they offer.  Maybe by now, Nationwide has changed their coverage and has eliminated this option or raised the price, but it's worth a look when purchasing trip insurance from any company.  

Finally, I don't intend this to come across as an endorsement of Nationwide, but rather as information that some policies cover itinerary changes that result from unforeseen circumstances such as this Nor'Easter.

Interesting info on travel insurance plans. I didn't book insurance for this trip, but I'll check the fine print when I think about it for future trips.  Ethically, my view is that insurance is a contract and if that's what they promise under that circumstance and it's not tied to a specific loss, then claim away!

18 minutes ago, Orange Crush said:

I kinda want to swing by guest services once the lines thin out and chat them up.  I'm not much of a complainer and don't mind the itinerary skips, but I also want to make sure we get any goodies they're handing out to pacify squeaky wheels.

The whining and bitching in the Diamond lounge is something else.

43 minutes ago, Gears said:

The whining and bitching in the Diamond lounge is something else

What the hell is wrong with these "whiners & complainers"? Diamond level tells me they are seasoned cruisers and know/should accept the hazards of cruising. Can you imagine if the Captain had said "damn the surf and waves, we're heading into port" with catastrophic results, like the Italian Concordia, talk about whining and complaining! 

Good for you Orange, I like your course of action!:27_sunglasses:

6 minutes ago, rjac said:

What the hell is wrong with these "whiners & complainers"? Diamond level tells me they are seasoned cruisers and know/should accept the hazards of cruising. Can you imagine if the Captain had said "damn the surf and waves, we're heading into port" with catastrophic results, like the Italian Concordia, talk about whining and complaining! 

Good for you Orange, I like your course of action!:27_sunglasses:

This was posted by Ken Kozak, the admin for the Anthem FB group:

28685520_2024728834405820_1702255311328020500_n.jpg.d014ec37146e222704c75f5027708c4a.jpg