Shuttle from Port to FLL Car Rental - Budget agency

I rented a car for my disembarkation at the Budget Rental location at the FLL airport. I did it because the rental was cheaper there and don't want to change at this point. Cars are becoming more expensive for my time period.   I realize there is a closer Budget location than definitely has a shuttle.  I am using them to drop off, but they don't have my car class for my return. 

Is there is shuttle to go from the port to the airport rental area? I have seen a variety of responses so far. It seems there might be, although not every company subscribes to the shuttle service. I have tried to call the office directly but after a few rings the national company responds but they don't know the answer. If not I will taxi or Uber to the rental area.

2 hours ago, Kurtp13 said:

I have tried to call the office directly but after a few rings the national company responds but they don't know the answer.

You might have missed this comment.   I tried 9 times today to call and get the answer.   It rings through and I get the national desk.   

10 hours ago, Kurtp13 said:

You might have missed this comment.   I tried 9 times today to call and get the answer.   It rings through and I get the national desk.   

Unfortunately small offices can be overwhelmed to answer calls.

The worst case scenario is they dont have a shuttle, in which case you could always just call a cab. Not sure how you feel about that kind of a possibility, but it's not to say you'd be potentially trapped at the office.

10 hours ago, Kurtp13 said:

Doh!  Sorry about that. 

FWIW, I have used Alamo Rental at the FLL Airport and they had a shuttle from Port Everglades to their airport location.  I had the same issue as you are experiencing with no one answering.  Try calling them at non-peak times between 8pm-10pm EST. 

• 2 weeks later...

For my past cruise we rented a car from Alamo at the FLL airport location but the only shuttle went to the port location. They didn't charge anything extra and gave me an upgraded car and I was able to drop it off at the airport. If you see a sign play stupid and they normally will sort you out. I didn't have my documents because I booked the car rental from the cruise and forgot to take a screenshot so I wasn't sure which office I had booked so they took me to the port office and sorted me out.