Who's Cruising this month

You lucky people! Have fun and enjoy your cruise.

March 2018

3 - joost (Freedom of the Seas)

3 - LetsTryThisTech (Freedom of the Seas)

3 - homa0605 (Freedom of the Seas)

4 - Gears (Allure of the Seas)

9 - Sbarinaklai (Anthem of the Seas)

10 - hmills96 (Harmony of the Seas)

11 - Marc (Oasis of the Seas)

11 - dbixler (Oasis of the Seas)

13 - DDemuth (Ovation of the Seas)

17 - donolog (Anthem of the Seas)

17 - SeasTheDayNJ (Anthem of the Seas)

18 - CowboyMedic (Liberty of the Seas)

24 - toodle68 (Adventure of the Seas)

24 - LaurieB (Anthem of the Seas)

24 - crazytaxman (Anthem of the Seas)

24 - hisfuzziness (Anthem of the Seas)

25 - mom2mybugs (Freedom of the Seas)

25 - rjac (Allure of the Seas)

31 - Sweety (Brilliance of the Seas)

31 - JLMoran (Freedom of the Seas)

31 - Sweety (Anthem of the Seas)

Just now, mworkman said:

You lucky people! Have fun and enjoy your cruise.

March 2018

3 - joost (Freedom of the Seas)

3 - LetsTryThisTech (Freedom of the Seas)

3 - homa0605 (Freedom of the Seas)

4 - Gears (Allure of the Seas)

9 - Sbarinaklai (Anthem of the Seas)

10 - hmills96 (Harmony of the Seas)

11 - Marc (Oasis of the Seas)

11 - dbixler (Oasis of the Seas)

13 - DDemuth (Ovation of the Seas)

17 - donolog (Anthem of the Seas)

17 - SeasTheDayNJ (Anthem of the Seas)

18 - CowboyMedic (Liberty of the Seas)

24 - toodle68 (Adventure of the Seas)

24 - LaurieB (Anthem of the Seas)

24 - crazytaxman (Anthem of the Seas)

24 - hisfuzziness (Anthem of the Seas)

25 - mom2mybugs (Freedom of the Seas)

25 - rjac (Allure of the Seas)

31 - Sweety (Brilliance of the Seas)

31 - JLMoran (Freedom of the Seas)

31 - Sweety (Anthem of the Seas)

I am on Navigator, March 25. Sorry about the confusion.

12 hours ago, Sabrinaklai said:

Will do. Let me know if there are last minute things you want me to find out for you ?

2 things I'm curious about. The weather on the 1st full sea day, will it be warming up to use the outdoor pool area and get a tan? also the last sea day. 

And, how is the new pub? Sailing on St. Patty's day, so looking to get the good pub feel!

ok, wait, maybe 3 things :13_upside_down: where do we go once we get on board to book the North Star and Rip Cord fly thing?

8 minutes ago, SeasTheDayNJ said:

2 things I'm curious about. The weather on the 1st full sea day, will it be warming up to use the outdoor pool area and get a tan? also the last sea day. 

And, how is the new pub? Sailing on St. Patty's day, so looking to get the good pub feel!

ok, wait, maybe 3 things :13_upside_down: where do we go once we get on board to book the North Star and Rip Cord fly thing?

Try booking times from the cruise compass before you leave. We were on anthem last year and those that didn’t have reservations had a tough time. Some were able but some weren’t.

30 minutes ago, SeasTheDayNJ said:

I am wondering about the weather too.  Just finished packing my clothes and clothes for the kids and hoping we packed correctly for the weather.  Will make note of it for sure.

I already put on my list to find out for you about the pub menu.  I'll take a pic and post it.  We plan to eat there since they didn't change the food menu.  The burger, fish & chips, and the peanut butter dessert thing is calling.

And according to a live blog in December by @twangster, you can make reservations once you get on board at the Box Office on deck 4 (or sometimes it's set up in Boleros)

37 minutes ago, SeasTheDayNJ said:

5 minutes ago, Sabrinaklai said:

I am wondering about the weather too.  Just finished packing my clothes and clothes for the kids and hoping we packed correctly for the weather.  Will make note of it for sure.

I already put on my list to find out for you about the pub menu.  I'll take a pic and post it.  We plan to eat there since they didn't change the food menu.  The burger, fish & chips, and the peanut butter dessert thing is calling.

And according to a live blog in December by @twangster, you can make reservations once you get on board at the Box Office on deck 4 (or sometimes it's set up in Boleros)

First sea day weather this time of year can be hit or miss.  Hopefully you'll have great weather and depending on your tolerance to cool conditions get in some sun.  

On two of my three Anthem cruises I couldn't make iFly and/or North Star reservations in advance.  I would suggest as soon as you board head to Boleros and make them with the Box Office staff. 

Many of the entertainment cast from the shows take on a side job and become box office staff to help with reservations on day 1.  Upon boarding heading the circular staircase right near where you enter the ship and Boleros is right there on deck 4.  After that take care of any specialty restaurants reservations.  Cabin's aren't ready yet anyways so you might as well kill some time making reservations. 

43 minutes ago, Ogalthorpe Haywood said:

Try booking times from the cruise compass before you leave. We were on anthem last year and those that didn’t have reservations had a tough time. Some were able but some weren’t.

Nothing available, we booked the cruise in January, sort of last minute. 

23 minutes ago, Sabrinaklai said:

I packed as well, I usually live in bathing suits, cover ups, and dinner outfits. lol. This time, I have a pair of jeans and a sweater. I suppose I'll be boarding in jeans and sandals. Good thing for the indoor pools.

Yay for the pub! can't wait to try the pb in a jar everyone raves about.

and thanks @twangster - I'll have to check out your live blog again since my trip is coming up - can't wait!

16 minutes ago, twangster said:

First sea day weather this time of year can be hit or miss.  Hopefully you'll have great weather and depending on your tolerance to cool conditions get in some sun.  

On two of my three Anthem cruises I couldn't make iFly and/or North Star reservations in advance.  I would suggest as soon as you board head to Boleros and make them with the Box Office staff. 

Many of the entertainment cast from the shows take on a side job and become box office staff to help with reservations on day 1.  Upon boarding heading the circular staircase right near where you enter the ship and Boleros is right there on deck 4.  After that take care of any specialty restaurants reservations.  Cabin's aren't ready yet anyways so you might as well kill some time making reservations. 

Thanks for the tips!

2 minutes ago, SeasTheDayNJ said:

I packed as well, I usually live in bathing suits, cover ups, and dinner outfits. lol. This time, I have a pair of jeans and a sweater. I suppose I'll be boarding in jeans and sandals. Good thing for the indoor pools.

This is the first cruise ever that I will be boarding in a jacket...blah...it's only suppose to be in the 40s on Friday.

11 hours ago, Sabrinaklai said:

This is the first cruise ever that I will be boarding in a jacket...blah...it's only suppose to be in the 40s on Friday.

And with the second snowstorm / nor'easter coming through on Wednesday, there may well be some decent snow left over. Supposed to get 4-6 inches in my neck of the woods, which isn't far from Cape Liberty. That area may end up with a bit more since it's on the water.

1 hour ago, JLMoran said:

And with the second snowstorm / nor'easter coming through on Wednesday, there may well be some decent snow left over. Supposed to get 4-6 inches in my neck of the woods, which isn't far from Cape Liberty. That area may end up with a bit more since it's on the water.

I am starting to get anxious. Got a few notifications from Delta while doing the after school activities run with the kids.  A delta waiver has officially been issued due to "weather that may impact travel". We are flying to EWR early Thursday afternoon. Just told hubby over dinner to be prepared to make the 10hr drive if necessary. Hubby said we flew into Hurricane Irma in September so this should pale in comparison. Praying that all goes well and we get there on Thursday.

4 minutes ago, Sabrinaklai said:

I am starting to get anxious. Got a few notifications from Delta while doing the after school activities run with the kids.  A delta waiver has officially been issued due to "weather that may impact travel". We are flying to EWR early Thursday afternoon. Just told hubby over dinner to be prepared to make the 10hr drive if necessary. Hubby said we flew into Hurricane Irma in September so this should pale in comparison. Praying that all goes well and we get there on Thursday.

I will cross my fingers for you!  Jane

5 minutes ago, Sabrinaklai said:

My prayers are with you.

9 minutes ago, mom2mybugs said:

Omg... it is snowing again here in chicagoland!   I'm counting down...20 days till I board freedom!  Yesssssss!  Last time I was in Florida it was 28 degrees one of the days so fort Lauderdale better be good to me! Jane

Just check the Chicago weather, it's suppose to be high 40s.

1 hour ago, Sabrinaklai said:

Oh the stress!  Hope you get there on time and the sailing is smooth.  

So glad it’s not me...hoping things settle in a few weeks...I have a 6 yo who is prone to air, car and sea sickness. I’d be doubling up on bags and Dramamine hoping to convince her the wrist bands really do work. I think you have kids who are also prone to motion sickness so hoping for an uneventful trip for you. Fingers crossed. 

10 hours ago, Sabrinaklai said:

Keep checking the weather. The snow is starting tonight into tomorrow. By the time you board it should be okay - your hopes now are that EWR has a good snow removal plan. Either way - you're getting to your cruise.

10 hours ago, Sabrinaklai said:

Well, bad news and good news. Bad news is that the current forecast for Newark, NJ shows 8-12 inches of snow tomorrow, with another 1 to 3 inches tomorrow night. Good news it will all be done by Thursday and the high for the day will be in the low 40's F. They're saying the snow will be heavy and wet because of the relatively warmer temps, so it will be a bear to clear out. But the good news is that if your flight is Thursday afternoon, I'd think that will be enough time for EWR to get the runways clear and de-iced. Hopefully Delta won't cancel on you, and at worst put your flight on a couple hours delay.

9 hours ago, melski94 said:

I think you have kids who are also prone to motion sickness so hoping for an uneventful trip for you. Fingers crossed. 

Just went to Walmart last night and grabbed a few more packs of Gravol for the kids (that's our Canadian version of Dramamine).  I've been checking several weather/wind/ocean forecasts and it looks like the first day out might be a bit rocky....

Haven't had much opportunity to follow many threads. Here's our superior balcony stateroom 9536 on the Jewel of the Seas out of San Juan on March 4th. The extra length and width is making our son in law jealous as their cabin just ahead of the forward elevators is shorter and narrower. Heh, even the safe is larger!

IMG_20180304_155828988.jpg

I am so jelly right now all of you so close to your cruise I have nothing booked till oct 18 then nov 24 but reading and feeling the excitement building in you all is making my mouse hand start to sweat I thought I could hold out till oct but at this moment in time its not looking to good for my budget I was just on the indy January but my mouse has taken control once again searching on its own for another adventure.I will sign out right now and hope you all have the greatest cruise of your life while I will now test my will as I search for extra money I didn't know I had in my budget THE FORCE IS STRONG PEOPLE cruise on my friends and say a prayer for those like me that will never get enough Royal cruises as I stare daily at livestream of my favorite cruise ships sailing in and out of ports my kids ask me daily if there is something wrong with me "possibly?":11_blush: