Drink package

A quick question regarding the drink package. We haven’t been on a cruise since they started the mandatory purchase of anyone 21yo or older. My wife doesn’t drink at all. She may have 2 drinks the entire cruise. I would like to purchase one and use the “doesn’t drink due to personal preference” excuse. Do they flag the account if she does decide to purchase a cocktail or two during our cruise? We are not sharers but it does make sense for me to to get as I will get my money worth. I would get her the soda package as the compromise. Thanks in advance for any insight..

I'm not sure if they would flag it should she be "caught" buying an alcoholic drink on her own sea pass card. If it's truly just one or two drinks over the entire cruise, I would guess they won't make any kind of deal out of it. The real goal of making everyone in the room buy the package if one person does is to prevent sharing of the package (which is not allowed); so if she buys her own drinks on her SeaPass card, they're probably not going to track that closely.

14 minutes ago, jurrjurr said:

I believe RCL may require your wife to purchase the Refreshment Drink Package 

Just now, rjac said:

That's what a lot of folks here have previously experienced , and posted, when wife is a non drinker. :27_sunglasses:

Yes, I should have mentioned that. It's what I had to do since my wife also doesn't drink.

We just returned from our cruise on Anthem. I had the drink package and had to purchase the Refreshment package for my husband as he just had heart bypass surgery. He purchased at least 1 drink per day and 2 drinks a couple of times and no one said a word.