Junior Suite Perks

Howard

Despite the word "suite" in its name, a Junior Suite is really just "a really large balcony".

There are some small perks to enjoy in a JS.  Priority embarkation/disembarkation, double C&A points, bath tub, etc.

Here's a good look at what JS gets you: https://www.royalcaribbeanblog.com/2016/07/26/royal-caribbeans-junior-suites-what-you-need-know

1 hour ago, J_Keeble said:

Personally I like the double points and a bigger room is always nice to have, the highest I've ever climbed is the junior suite but I took the plunge and have a crown loft on symphony in April 2018.

Uh oh...I hear that those who take the plunge into the CL don't return from that and it ruins you for all other cabins.  Take pics and share!  I want to take the plunge too for Symphony! :8_laughing:

Just now, J_Keeble said:

It will certainly be a one of I reckon, but I certainly will get some pictures and periscope the room.

I am currently booked in a JS for Symphony but I'm going to upgrade that to a GS as soon as the price is good.  But what I really want is the CL so if you have pics I would love to see them!  And come back and share what you thought ?

6 minutes ago, Lindsay said:

Can you post the link for Grand Suites? 

This article is a little old (2015), but gives an overview of Grand Suites. There's a newer article that covers the entire Royal Suite set of perks for each of the room classes (Sea, Sky, and Star Class), which includes the additional perks given to Grand Suites (Sky Class) when you're booked on a ship that offers Royal Suite perks.

On 3/2/2018 at 3:38 PM, Sabrinaklai said:

What ship are you on in a GS?  The perks vary by ship.

Freedom.  We've done the GS on Liberty and Adventure.  Was wondering about the perks on Freedom specifically.  Wondering if the perks are any different from our two other experiences. 

Thanks!

On 3/2/2018 at 1:46 PM, J_Keeble said:

Personally I like the double points and a bigger room is always nice to have, the highest I've ever climbed is the junior suite but I took the plunge and have a crown loft on symphony in April 2018.

Wow. Your gonna love it. In my opinion the location of the loft suites makes the whole experience very special. You walk out your door and your only steps away from the coastal kitchen, suite lounge and concierge desk. The balcony on the CL gives you a great view of everything since your up so high. We can’t wait to do it again once she arrives in Miami for Thanksgiving 2018! Enjoy!

33 minutes ago, Lindsay said:

Freedom.  We've done the GS on Liberty and Adventure.  Was wondering about the perks on Freedom specifically.  Wondering if the perks are any different from our two other experiences. 

Thanks!

I would think the perks would be the same as Liberty since they are sister ships.  But someone else here might know specifically.  I've only done the GS on Oasis class.

2 hours ago, Lindsay said:

Thanks!

Yes, the full suite amenities are the same for all the Vision, Radiance, Adventure and Freedom Class ships.  I suspect they are the same for Majesty too but I've never been on Majesty so I don't know for sure.   I think Empress is in a class of her own.  Who knows what those suite amenities are !  The classes that have the Suit Classes (O and Q) are completely different.

On 3/2/2018 at 3:35 PM, Sabrinaklai said:

I am currently booked in a JS for Symphony but I'm going to upgrade that to a GS as soon as the price is good.  But what I really want is the CL so if you have pics I would love to see them!  And come back and share what you thought ?

I just jumped from a JS to a CL for less than $200 on my Oasis cruise in June.  When I was comparing the GS was more than the Owners Suite, the Crown Loft and the Aqua suites.  So be sure and check them all out before jumping to the GS.

44 minutes ago, MikeK said:

I just jumped from a JS to a CL for less than $200 on my Oasis cruise in June.  When I was comparing the GS was more than the Owners Suite, the Crown Loft and the Aqua suites.  So be sure and check them all out before jumping to the GS.

Thanks!  I know, the pricing is all over the place sometimes.  Trust me, I check them all. ?

1 hour ago, MikeK said:

On my June 2018 cruise on Grandeur (over 4th of July) the JS are $98 more expensive than the GS.  That makes NO sense to me.  According to my TA there is only 1 GS available, so it's not as if there is a "glut" of GS that they're trying to get rid of.  Both the GS and JS are "guarantee" categories, but still.  Who wouldn't rather have a GS for $98 ?

2 hours ago, WAAAYTOOO said:

On my June 2018 cruise on Grandeur (over 4th of July) the JS are $98 more expensive than the GS.  That makes NO sense to me.  According to my TA there is only 1 GS available, so it's not as if there is a "glut" of GS that they're trying to get rid of.  Both the GS and JS are "guarantee" categories, but still.  Who wouldn't rather have a GS for $98 ?

Not on my June 21 sailing.

17 hours ago, MikeK said:

16 hours ago, WAAAYTOOO said:

So do you all find these deals, just by looking at the RCCL website?  I feel like I never see anything so good.  

As @Sabrinaklai says, you have to look around the web pages, ships and itineraries, I knew I wanted Star class, knew I wanted to cruise out of Florida and the Itinerary didn't matter I was going for Star Class and the ship, so ship wise I was limited to 3 Oasis class ship, I really didn't want Port Canaveral so that limited me to Allure and Harmony. With my wife working in a school system, I knew when the parents would be trying to get away, Spring break, Easter, summer and fall break, so I started looking at the weeks in January, Royal's web pages now show you multiple prices by month (In Graph form) based on the cruise itinerary you click on. So I started clicking on the cruises on Allure 1st because I assumed Harmony would be higher because it was the newer bigger ship, I was correct. The cruise I was able to get was the second week of January 2019, if I looked at the week before or the week after the price went up drastically, also when I booked the cruise I was almost out 2 years. My wife agreed to take off school for Star class, lol.

A travel agent can do this for you also, but for an agent to look as much as I did, they would have to be very motivated or OCD like me...