Price Drops March 1, 2018

Thanks Sabrina!  I'm typically skeptical of these price drops as they never seem to apply to my sailings, however, in this case both my cruises in Nov 2018 and Mar 2019 have significant savings.  I emailed TAs and hoping they can do something about it!

3 minutes ago, melski94 said:

Thanks Sabrina!  I'm typically skeptical of these price drops as they never seem to apply to my sailings, however, in this case both my cruises in Nov 2018 and Mar 2019 have significant savings.  I emailed TAs and hoping they can do something about it!

I'm waiting on mine too.  This is why I hate giving up control of my reservation ?

I first looked at the RC website but now I am repricing on Costco website and one of my sailings (the one with the significant savings) is showing once again more than what I paid.  We'll see what the TA comes back with but it was probably too good to be true.

1 hour ago, Sabrinaklai said:

Good morning all.  Might want to check your prices on booked cruises outside of final payment.  There is a price drop of several hundred dollars on all 3 of my bookings in 2019 & 2020.

A new sale began today, so might have something to do with it.

36 minutes ago, melski94 said:

I first looked at the RC website but now I am repricing on Costco website and one of my sailings (the one with the significant savings) is showing once again more than what I paid.  We'll see what the TA comes back with but it was probably too good to be true.

I use Costco often to check availability but be careful of their pricing online.  When RC was running the KSF promo, Costco did not factor that into their system when doing a mock booking.  Hopefully your TA comes back with good news.  I still have not hear back yet.  I'm going to call soon.  I could save almost $1000 between all 3 possibly....that does sound too good to be true lol

Just now, Boston Babe said:

Just checked my Adventure booking, it dropped $210.00 HOWEVER, when I booked it originally, I got $350.00 OBC, so if I change I'm losing $250 OBC as they are only offering $100 OBC so it's not worth changing IMO?? .

So you lose $250 OBC, but gain back $210 in fare savings + $100 OBC ($310 total worth).  If that math is correct, you're better off in the long run with new price.

Just now, Sabrinaklai said:

No, I wouldn't change it in you case.

I spoke with Thomas this morning BTW, I really did get a great deal (was checking on upgradng to Owners Suite! LOL) but the GS has a bigger balcony, he said don't touch it, and to get $350 OBC on a 6 night cruise is unheard of, so unless it drops more that $210 I'm sitting tight. I hope you hear back from your TA, Over $1000 is ALOT of $$$ to put toward shopping!! LOL Or Star Class!

2 minutes ago, Matt said:

So you lose $250 OBC, but gain back $210 in fare savings + $100 OBC ($310 total worth).  If that math is correct, you're better off in the long run with new price.

Well now that you put it that way, I think I need to make another phone call! LOL PLUS, I have mega points on my RCCL/Celebrity  CC Card 

1 minute ago, Boston Babe said:

I spoke with Thomas this morning BTW, I really did get a great deal (was checking on upgradng to Owners Suite! LOL) but the GS has a bigger balcony, he said don't touch it, and to get $350 OBC on a 6 night cruise is unheard of, so unless it drops more that $210 I'm sitting tight. I hope you hear back from your TA, Over $1000 is ALOT of $$$ to put toward shopping!! LOL Or Star Class!

I have 400 dollars in OBC for my cruise next april. 7 days. 

1 minute ago, Boston Babe said:

Well now that you put it that way, I think I need to make another phone call! LOL PLUS, I have mega points on my RCCL/Celebrity  CC Card 

Ok.  My brain is not working today.  I'm rethinking, the original booking saves you $350 from OBC but the new price would only save you $310 overall?  Then the original is better?  

My TA's got back to me and no price drop on either cruise. 

I think something was wonky with RC's website first thing (go figure).  When I first looked at prices for my Nov cruise, I priced a JS for 4 (same deck just on starboard side). It was the exact same price that I paid for my JS for 2 people and so I was very excited (even took a screenshot to send to my TA so I know I wasn't misreading anything).  About an hour later, I looked at Costco and price was different on same JS which was the same price the TA had.  It was lower but the OBC was less too so it ended up being even.

Once again for my March cruise, price was significantly less first thing but now it nets out a bit higher when factoring in everything else (OBC, gratuities, etc).  I think it would be less if I switched to a nonrefundable rate but I'm not willing to do that yet.

34 minutes ago, Lindsay said:

Questions:

- If I already paid in full for my cruise am I then SOL for any price drops?

- How do I reply to a post without quoting someone??  

THANKS!   :1_grinning:

Yes, if you are paid in full you can upgrade but not get any money back.  Sorry.  And to reply without quoting, you just scroll down to the very bottom of the page and there is a reply bar there.

1 hour ago, Boston Babe said:

Just checked my Adventure booking, it dropped $210.00 HOWEVER, when I booked it originally, I got $350.00 OBC, so if I change I'm losing $250 OBC as they are only offering $100 OBC so it's not worth changing IMO?? .

1 hour ago, Matt said:

OBC was $350 for the original booking compared to $100 from new booking ) so obc drops by $250 in comparison to a $210 saving this means rebooking would result in a $40 loss 

23 minutes ago, Ray said:

OBC was $350 for the original booking compared to $100 from new booking ) so obc drops by $250 in comparison to a $210 saving this means rebooking would result in a $40 loss 

Thanks Ray! I didn't touch this booking actually. It's not enough savings/loss to touch it at this point. They will get my money no matter what don't they!! LOL

My October Bermuda sailing on Anthem is showing $200 less vs last reprice for J4 Spa Jr Suite cabin on Deck 7 (cabin right next door to the one I'm booked in, same category). I would lose the $150 OBC I got with that last booking and get $50 OBC instead. So net gain of $100.

But... I emailed my TA and she was only seeing price drops for J3, with J4 showing the same price I'm currently paying. I've sent her a screen shot showing the final price after going far enough in the mock booking to get the travel insurance added on along with the port fees and taxes, and confirmed both my booked room and the mock booking were J4. Haven't heard back yet, hoping Heather can straighten this one out to get me the cheaper rate. I don't expect to spend much on this short cruise, and I'd rather have the lower final payment than larger OBC.

I would hate for this to be yet another case of the Royal IT dept fracking the site six ways from Sunday.

7 minutes ago, JLMoran said:

My October Bermuda sailing on Anthem is showing $200 less vs last reprice for J4 Spa Jr Suite cabin on Deck 7 (cabin right next door to the one I'm booked in, same category). I would lose the $150 OBC I got with that last booking and get $50 OBC instead. So net gain of $100.

But... I emailed my TA and she was only seeing price drops for J3, with J4 showing the same price I'm currently paying. I've sent her a screen shot showing the final price after going far enough in the mock booking to get the travel insurance added on along with the port fees and taxes, and confirmed both my booked room and the mock booking were J4. Haven't heard back yet, hoping Heather can straighten this one out to get me the cheaper rate. I don't expect to spend much on this short cruise, and I'd rather have the lower final payment than larger OBC.

I would hate for this to be yet another case of the Royal IT dept fracking the site six ways from Sunday.

I hate when that happens, for both of my March 2019 & 2020 sailings, the drops that the TA got were consistent with what I saw online in the morning.  

Nice!  I'm assuming Brock checked my Anthem group cruise, but since I didn't hear anything I guess no savings for me!  I got a super price on my October repo, that hasn't been even close since I booked it last year.  Will have to check the other 2019 sailing...