Do pubs have pub style food?

Kurtp13

1 minute ago, Kurtp13 said:

I am going on Allure next month and wondering if the pub has any food.   I haven't heard this discussed before.  It would be nice if the pub had food but since I haven't seen it noted I assume it doesn't.   

We were on the Allure in 2016. The Bow & Stern Pub, as I remember, did not have food because it is located on deck 5 the main promenade. However, right across the way is Sorrento's Pizza and also a small coffee/cafe that had small sandwiches. The pub does serve one hell of a bloody mary. It's called the BLT Bloody Mary, and, yes it is served with bacon, lettuce and tomato....which is food in a sense.:27_sunglasses:

11 minutes ago, Matt said:

The only pubs to offer food at the pubs on Quantum Class ships and Playmakers (when it opens on Indy and Symphony)

And with the removal of Michael's Genuine Pub from the Q class ships, the new sample menu that was shared here looks to be a lot more basic / sparse. :37_disappointed:

22 minutes ago, JLMoran said:

And with the removal of Michael's Genuine Pub from the Q class ships, the new sample menu that was shared here looks to be a lot more basic / sparse. :37_disappointed:

I think the food menu stayed the same on the Ovation menu that was shared on FB.  I'm excited because I just told hubby that we might still be able to try the fish & chips, burger, and peanut butter in jar next week.  I'll post pics when I get on Anthem.

1 hour ago, monctonguy said:

Looks like Playmakers is being rolled out across a few ships and it seems like they are going to offer pub style food(at a cost of course) so things might be changing slowly?!

I'll be curious to see if food in Playmakers is ship dependent.  Access to a kitchen and the extent of kitchen facilities will impact food that's available.  Competition for other venues like JR for a burger will be interesting. 

9 hours ago, Chris_Wallace said:

So does that mean I can bring the food from other places like Sorrento' or Windjammer and eat them in the pub while fully-utilizing my beverage package?  :4_joy:

Will I be told that "No food and drinks from outside is allowed"?

Yes, you can take food from elsewhere into the pub.  No problem