Independence of the Seas new upgrades for Fall/2018

Has anyone else received the email or seen the details for the refurbishment for Independence.

Sound a lot like Marnier, but some differences. Getting Playmakers, Perfect storm waterslides, Lazer tag, Sky pad, Escape room etc.

Some difference's like a Sand bar and a Fish and Ships restaurant.

Any other info or thoughts on it?!

Received the email this afternoon.

Not sure that I have any cruise space left in my 2018 calendar or I would be tempted, it did sound a lot like the Mariner announced upgrades to me as well. I guess with Indy being a Voyager Plus class vs Mariner being a regular Voyager class there is room for a little more like the Fish and Chips shop.

2 hours ago, monctonguy said:

Has anyone else received the email or seen the details for the refurbishment for Independence.

Sound a lot like Marnier, but some differences. Getting Playmakers, Perfect storm waterslides, Lazer tag, Sky pad, Escape room etc.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but didn't we know all this info of the changes coming to Indy already? 

Here's a deck-by-deck look at the changes from December: https://www.royalcaribbeanblog.com/2017/12/16/deck-deck-drydock-changes-royal-caribbeans-independence-of-the-seas

Then again, it's hard enough keeping track of everything happening :3_grin:

19 minutes ago, Matt said:

Correct me if I'm wrong, but didn't we know all this info of the changes coming to Indy already? 

I thought we did too, but I cannot believe it, I actually got the email today!!  After not getting anything for years, they sent the Indy one.  Can't figure them out lol!  Not even going to try.

1 hour ago, J_Keeble said:

From an English stand point the fish and chips seems like a fantastic idea, Unfortunately I will not get on her this year but maybe next year hey !

I hope they can do fish and chips justice.  I had some in England almost 20 years ago, and have tried it in countless restaurants here in the USA, very few even come close to what I had over there.  Even if it's not quite up to English standards, it could be a great venue.

On 02/03/2018 at 9:03 AM, J_Keeble said:

From an English stand point the fish and chips seems like a fantastic idea, Unfortunately I will not get on her this year but maybe next year hey !

Being a Brit, I'm a bit disppointed about the Fish & Ships addition - I can get great fish & chips so many places at home, I'm extremely unlikely to want to eat it whilst on holiday. 

That said, I might have to try it when I'm on IOS this summer for "research" purposes!

• 5 weeks later...

Yes, they have pretty much given up on those buffets and pool parties on Royal over the past few years.

However, they are saying these things are happening AFTER refurbishment so I wouldn't have expected you do see that on your cruises on Nov and Jan.

But sounds like they are trying to make these ships a little more lively and appealing with some more nightlife perhaps, which may cater to the crowd they are trying to appease and appeal to with all these $100's of millions of upgrades.