Stateroom Availability on Royal Caribbean's Website

cruiselife

I am not sure why, but when I check Royal Caribbean's website to see what rooms are available for my Harmony sailing it does not show all of the rooms that are actually available.

My wife and I are sailing on an Oasis class ship for the first time and because I'm a total nerd I knew exactly which stateroom I wanted. I don't mean class of stateroom, I mean exact stateroom number because I nerd out like that. We wanted a Central Park balcony as close to the Trellis Bar as possible and on as low of a floor as possible. We love the tall trees and garden in that area of the park and also hoped to get one of the "secret rooms" in that area that have the extended balcony. We had to settle for a room that was towards the end of the park in the corner where the Rising Tide bar is located because that was all that was showing as available. I have been checking back often but it was still showing the same rooms as available so I figured Central Park was almost fully booked. It was a few weeks ago that I had originally booked.

Today I called Royal Caribbean for a separate issue and I figured I would ask if anything had opened up in that area. She started reading off a list of available rooms and there were tons that did not show up when I checked the website. There must have been 4-5 times as many rooms available. If you have a travel agent they should be able to see the same information as Royal Caribbean's agents, but because we wanted to take advantage of a promo deal that was about to expire we booked on our own and plan to transfer it later. Perhaps this is yet another reason to use a travel agent. We ended up switching to a room that was right next to Trellis Bar on the 10th deck. It wasn't one of the extended balconies, but it was almost exactly what we had hoped for.

I thought I would pass this along in case anyone had a particular room in mind that didn't show up on the Royal Caribbean website. Obviously this isn't a big deal at all, and we would have an amazing time no matter what room we were in, but it was nice to be able to get exactly the spot we wanted.

Guest toodle68

What rooms are shown are sometimes based on your criteria. I found that rooms with Pullman’s only show if I state more that 2 people in 1 cabin. The website does not show everything and allow you to pick the one you want unfortunately. 

3 minutes ago, toodle68 said:

What rooms are shown are sometimes based on your criteria. I found that rooms with Pullman’s only show if I state more that 2 people in 1 cabin. The website does not show everything and allow you to pick the one you want unfortunately. 

The only criteria I had was a Central Park balcony with 2 people. All of the rooms in Central Park should qualify for that I would think. My theory is that Royal Caribbean releases the rooms available to book online as they see fit, but I have no real basis for that theory.

45 minutes ago, Cruiselife said:

My theory is that Royal Caribbean releases the rooms available to book online as they see fit, but I have no real basis for that theory.

So, I am looking at the Serenade for a March 2020 cruise. When I do a mock cruise plan, the only rooms that are available on line are mid ship. Nothing forward nor aft. Two years out? I tried going though my travel agent and she told me they don't even have their 2020 Serenade allocation yet and probably won't get them for another 6-8 months. :27_sunglasses:

1 hour ago, Sabrinaklai said:

I have said before, check the Costco website. You can view deck by deck and it's fairly live time to RC and shows lots of availability even when RC doesn't. 

This times 10...

For some reason Royal thinks those that use the US site can't handle seeing more that 10 rooms at a once. So it only displays a subset of would be offered on each deck.

TA sites on the other hand get all the available rooms to display.

14 hours ago, Sabrinaklai said:

I have said before, check the Costco website. You can view deck by deck and it's fairly live time to RC and shows lots of availability even when RC doesn't. 

Thank you so much for this! I checked the Costco site this morning and noticed that one of the extended balconies on deck 10 was available so I booked it.

16 hours ago, Sabrinaklai said:

YES!  Listen to Sabrinaklai!  Use the Costco site!  Google this:  Costco Royal Caribbean Cruise.  When you get to the site, "pretend" you are booking a cruise.  Of course, the same cruise you've booked.  It will show you all rooms still available by deck!  Pretty cool!!!  Thank you Sabrinaklai! :1_grinning:

For weeks, if you select the April 28, 2019 Liberty sailing it shows exactly one balcony left (on deck 6).  Costco shows balcony availability on all decks.  I believe Costco because when I made my reservation thru the RC call center, I got deck 8 with no problem despite what the RC website reported.