33 minutes ago, memebag said:

I got new docs today with this new address for Adventure of the Seas on 11/14:

Texas Pier Terminal Texas Cruise Ship Terminal of Galveston
Island - Pier 10
1402 Harborside Drive Galveston, Texas 77550

Same for my inaugural Allure sailing! I checked a couple days ago and it had the old Terminal 2 info. Now its updated to the new information that you just posted as well. I'm glad they caught that and updated it! From my edocs for Allure:

image.thumb.png.d107dbba20f01ef0fd69973b7c1d6083.png

Edited by Galveston Steve
Added screenshot.

On 10/15/2022 at 9:27 AM, wordell1 said:

Uber and Lyft both service Galveston.  I believe the comments were specific to trying to use either for a short ride to a local hotel post.  Lyft and Uber drivers are independent contractors and can refuse rides.  In this case, they were holding out for more lucrative runs to the airport.  Galveston is not a major city so many of the drivers probably head there from closer to Houston on debarkation days.

If you want certainty, I would pre book a ride with a limo/car service.

just checking....I know lyft picks up from the pier, but does Uber pick up from the pier too?  Or are Uber drivers forced to pick up from other locations outside the pier?

43 minutes ago, Coda_Sarah said:

just checking....I know lyft picks up from the pier, but does Uber pick up from the pier too?  Or are Uber drivers forced to pick up from other locations outside the pier?

Uber is outside - not much farther at the old terminal, but a good reason to use Lyft instead.

1 hour ago, Coda_Sarah said:

okay, thanks for confirming that.  I erroneously shared in another forum that both were providing pier to airport drivers.  

Uber has come to a verbal agreement with the port authorities to “play ball”, should be formal soon and Uber will be permitted on port property. 

9 hours ago, Zambia-Zaire said:

What was the issue the Port Authority had with Uber?

The Port requires the ride share companies to sign a contract with the Port and pay access fees if they want to operate on Port property. Uber refused to sign the contract several years ago.  With the new cruise terminal, Uber has decided to negotiate a contract with the Port.

5 hours ago, Galveston Steve said:

The Port requires the ride share companies to sign a contract with the Port and pay access fees if they want to operate on Port property. Uber refused to sign the contract several years ago.  With the new cruise terminal, Uber has decided to negotiate a contract with the Port.

4 hours ago, TXcruzer said:

The port authority wants to collect a fee on every ride share pick up and drop off.

IC...well that's expected that the PA would try to generate capital. Thanks for the info...it make sense now; thought Lyft just had exclusive rights or something.

https://www.houston.org/news/cruise-terminal-upgrades-additions-galveston-will-draw-tourism-money-region

I don't know that this article says anything that we don't already know, except I didn't know that the Carnival Jubilee will be the port's first "LNG-fuled cruise ship" after terminal upgrades.

It's great to see the Galveston port folks have the foresight to keep investing in the facilities and hopefully making Galveston a future home for an Icon class.

On 10/18/2022 at 4:00 PM, Galveston Steve said:

and are they still negotiating?  

I wonder if its reasonable to expect an Oasis class and an Icon class ship in Galveston in the future due to thier LNG capabilty. Plus there are only so many berths in Miami, and with the rate of new ships coming from all cruise lines (not to mention MSC's agressive push into the NA market) they need to find home ports for them all.

On 10/26/2022 at 11:35 AM, Vancity Cruiser said:

I wonder if its reasonable to expect an Oasis class and an Icon class ship in Galveston in the future due to thier LNG capabilty. Plus there are only so many berths in Miami, and with the rate of new ships coming from all cruise lines (not to mention MSC's agressive push into the NA market) they need to find home ports for them all.

The new terminal in Galveston, pier 10, is being builit to handle the Oasis and Icon class and future larger ships.  They will have the LNG capacity. For now, the Allure and Harmony will be sailing out of her.

Excited for the new terminal.  Question - I reserved a spot in the North Covered Parking for a tip on Adventure in December.  How far of a walk will it be to the Terminal entrance from the parking lot?  Asking because my wife has some mobility issues, but if it is a short walk, then we should be ok, otherwise, I will need to drop her off and then go park.  Has anyone been able to gauge the walking distance yet?

North Covered lot is next to the terminal as you would expect. You can walk across the entrance street to the terminal. Figured they would place the coveted premier parking next to the terminal. Money buys you so much. Since I don't mind catching a shuttle we chose the indoor parking only a couple of streets away and they drop us off at the terminal entrance for less money.

12 minutes ago, CrznTxn said:

North Covered lot is next to the terminal as you would expect. You can walk across the entrance street to the terminal. Figured they would place the coveted premier parking next to the terminal. Money buys you so much. Since I don't mind catching a shuttle we chose the indoor parking only a couple of streets away and they drop us off at the terminal entrance for less money.

I've parked several times at the EZ Parking.  Very secure and they shuttle right to the terminal.  Right at $100 for a 7 day cruise.

30 minutes ago, CrznTxn said:

I would check again, they all just raised their prices ~$20 to follow Galveston Wharves price increase. Gotta pay for that Terminal 10 infrastructure build somehow.😉

Yep, you are right.  Still not a bad price compared to some of the terminal parking.  I booked my spot at EZ back in March and it was under $100.

1 hour ago, Jailman said:

Yep, you are right.  Still not a bad price compared to some of the terminal parking.  I booked my spot at EZ back in March and it was under $100.

I have used EZ parking before, but that was with the old terminal as they were basically just across the street.  I would drop off my wife at the terminal, park, and then walk over for about $75.  But it looks like their prices went up recently and that they had a lot of provisions / disclaimers on their shuttle service to the new terminal, that I decided to just park at the new terminal.

4 hours ago, DoomSlayer said:

Excited for the new terminal.  Question - I reserved a spot in the North Covered Parking for a tip on Adventure in December.  How far of a walk will it be to the Terminal entrance from the parking lot?  Asking because my wife has some mobility issues, but if it is a short walk, then we should be ok, otherwise, I will need to drop her off and then go park.  Has anyone been able to gauge the walking distance yet?

@DoomSlayer
I zoomed in on this photo from webcam this morning, and added an arrow pointing to  what appears to be the covered parking area of pier 10-North lot.  Hope it helps!

P.S.  The arrow should be a little longer.  It’s the blue covered parking directly in front of terminal.

2582B631-F537-4845-A5BD-851468CB4A0C.jpeg

19 minutes ago, DoomSlayer said:

That is right by the terminal.  Thanks so much, it does help answer my question for sure!!!

You’re welcome!  If I recall from the parking map, the slim white covered area you can barely see in front of the blue-covered parking, is bus drop  off.   And then cross street right into terminal.  

I’ll try to take pics of parking when I board Sunday, to update this thread.  OMG!  I’m boarding Sunday !!  My first Oasis class ship !