On 2/13/2024 at 8:52 PM, Galveston Steve said:

🚨🚨🚨 

A "Royal Amplified" Allure of the Seas is returning to Galveston on 17 March 2026! Now open for booking! 

🚨🚨🚨

We have been on the Allure more than any other ship and was aboard two weeks before they were supposed to amp it up in 2020 then Covid hit. So, we have to get back on when it gets back to Galveston...likely April 2026. Thanks for the heads up!

On 2/29/2024 at 6:36 PM, Carlos A. said:

How difficult is to get from Enterprise to the Port? I'm thinking on dropping off my family on the port and then return the car. Are there taxi or Ubers available for a short drive like this?

I definitely recommend giving the local office a call to be certain, I believe they have a shuttle at their office but not sure if they currently make runs to the port.  There are definitely taxi's and Uber available at the Port for the return trip if needed.

image.thumb.jpeg.6796edd59a25cf1c0cc73620386e7d50.jpeg

16 minutes ago, Galveston Steve said:

Here is a story in the Galveston Daily News regarding the Port's continuing efforts to improve traffic flow in and around the Port.  For instance, the new Cruise Terminal 16 opening in late 2025 will have a parking garage.

image.thumb.png.e96d8df59eeae36dcb6856cdc5c1fe02.png

I love the new terminal and parking is much better than the offsite parking at the old terminal. My only complaint is that they force you to go all the way around the North Lot, past the terminal, just to enter the lot.  It makes no sense.

2 minutes ago, wordell1 said:

I love the new terminal and parking is much better than the offsite parking at the old terminal. My only complaint is that they force you to go all the way around the North Lot, past the terminal, just to enter the lot.  It makes no sense.

I've had the same experience. But instead of turning left on Royal Caribbean Circle, you should be able to continue straight on Royal Caribbean Way and turn left into the North parking lot instead of going around past luggage drop-off. 

10 minutes ago, Galveston Steve said:

I've had the same experience. But instead of turning left on Royal Caribbean Circle, you should be able to continue straight on Royal Caribbean Way and turn left into the North parking lot instead of going around past luggage drop-off. 

Thanks! I will definitely do that next time.  The signs make it seem like you need to go around.