twangster

Liberty 2/25/18 7 Nights

57 minutes ago, twangster said:

Day 8 - Self Assist Line

At 6am I joined the line in the dining room on deck 4.  I'm something like 30 from the front.   We are all sitting at tables with our luggage lined up.  

30EE70A6-A0AD-4EF4-8F71-3E8C0A4FF066.jpeg

May peace be your journey.

The self assist line circled all the way around the dining room.   At 7:30 am they started letting us off.  Scheduled time was 8am.   By 7:45am I was through and outside.   Lyft wanted $127 (no cars nearby) so I looked at Uber which was $52.   Needless to say I am in my Uber on the way to Hobby.  My flight is at 2:30pm so I'm hoping I can jump on an earlier flight.  

Last night "Britain's Finest" were in the main theater.   They are a Beatles Tribute band.   They are very good.  

Cruise summary

All in all it was a great cruise.  I got a great rate booking it under 90 days out.   I'm glad I was able to book one of the newer rooms on the ship.   Those slides on her have been calling my name and they didn't disappoint.   

I ended up eating most meals in the Windjammer.   The vegetable curry last night had great flavor.   Traveling solo the Windjammer is just easier.   

With this cruise in the books I've completed the Freedom class trilogy.   Galveston worked out pretty smoothly but next time I'll likely do a B2B.

Almost to Hobby airport and should arrive there around 8:40am.    

Great review, safe flight back to Colorado... I'll be down in Houston in a couple of weeks trying not to think about our July Liberty cruise, looks like 1 of my Grandsons is coming with us now, hope MOM and Dad realize once I pay for it there is no turning back...lol

9 hours ago, twangster said:

Southwest wants $186 to try for standby.   Looks like I'm stuck in Hobby for 6 hours.  Can't check luggage until 10:30am.   I saved $150 flying Southwest but I miss my Delta.   

I prefer Delta as well.  It is like pricing out for interior staterooms or balcony staterooms.  Sometimes their prices are so far outside the other airlines.  

On 3/3/2018 at 3:31 PM, twangster said:

Sabor Dinner

5a9b1396404e0_LibertySpecMenu-9.thumb.jpg.1c980f86d1a3508586144b83eab5ce0a.jpg

Sabor Beverages

5a9b13d7e0d18_LibertySpecMenu-10.thumb.jpg.8138ed455ec3f52d5944c52fd7269351.jpg

5a9b13e69dc0f_LibertySpecMenu-11.thumb.jpg.fdc03dd386bcd12206c91be3bee5e919.jpg

Ok...i am gonna need some help...every entree and beverage looks amazing.  The quac is a given but what do i do?  Thanks twangster...i will study this every night for the next 3 weeks!  Jane

On 3/3/2018 at 3:45 PM, JLMoran said:

Gonna definitely have to try the Sweet & Spicy Margarita at Sabor, and also that Grand Margarita if they offer it on Freedom!

Geez, first he convinces me to buy new lenses for my phone camera. Now he's getting me to drink more...

I think they do.  I wont have voom but i will let you know...maybe take a menu pic before we leave lauderdale.  I will be sampling one or the other...heck maybe both...and will give you a review!!!  Jane

@twangster  looks like the majority of your awesome pics have disappeared.   I'm heading out on her in April  and was hoping you could point me to your pics if you have them hosted somewhere else.   My anticipation kicked into high gear once the new year rolled in.     fingers crossed!   if not, no big deal

2 hours ago, Todd W said:

@twangster  looks like the majority of your awesome pics have disappeared.   I'm heading out on her in April  and was hoping you could point me to your pics if you have them hosted somewhere else.   My anticipation kicked into high gear once the new year rolled in.     fingers crossed!   if not, no big deal

Will try to get them reposted from new server location... someday.  Three cruises in January so it's a matter of finding time.

10 minutes ago, twangster said:

Will try to get them reposted from new server location... someday.  Three cruises in January so it's a matter of finding time.

no worries, i don't want you to put any time in it on my behalf, you have cruises to enjoy!   please do so!