Embarkation lunch on Allure?

Kurtp13

Really excited for our 4/22 Allure sailing and watching videos of other people's trips on YouTube.  The last one I watched showed a couple on embarkation going from Windjammer to Park Cafe and both were really lined up.  The poor husband was trying to be tour guide but they must have walked fore/aft at least a couple of times.  What other complimentary places are open?  I don't know that I will be met with as much patience as that person's wife offered him.    

12 minutes ago, Kurtp13 said:

Really excited for our 4/22 Allure sailing and watching videos of other people's trips on YouTube.  The last one I watched showed a couple on embarkation going from Windjammer to Park Cafe and both were really lined up.  The poor husband was trying to be tour guide but they must have walked fore/aft at least a couple of times.  What other complimentary places are open?  I don't know that I will be met with as much patience as that person's wife offered him.    

Welcome aboard Kurt! Here's a link that will help you out: https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1uSFNFYhGccdW6mrqEA8QkKz1ym05G-s9. Scroll down to page 2 and it will show you a list of the restaurants that are open for lunch and their deck location. Those that have a "($)" means you have to pay for what you order. Try to get on board as early as you can and head for one of the restaurants first. After lunch, start checking the ship out, she's BIG and getting lost/disoriented is very easy to do. I know, we were on the Allure in 2016! Enjoy your cruise!:27_sunglasses: 

1 hour ago, Kurtp13 said:

I'm not sure but I do think this couple did the hot tub before lunch which might have delayed them.  That could have been the issue.  

It comes down to individual priorities. You can hot tub all you want during the week, but you only get one shot at embarkation lunch. I'd like to see that Youtube video, do you remember the title or can you post the link? Thanks!:27_sunglasses:

If you want a quick lunch (sandwich, salads, fruits), I recommend Park Cafe in the Central Park neighbourhood.  There will most likely be a line up for food but it will move quickly since most items are already in containers.  We then grabbed a table on the sun deck to eat and went into the hot tub.  The hot tub was fairly empty are embarkation day.  Take advantage of that because it will not be empty throughout the entire cruise.  

We went to Sabor for lunch and really enjoyed it. While it wasn't complimentary, it was relaxed and quiet and we were able to have a leisurely lunch until our cabin was available.

Personally, I would avoid the Windjammer because of crowds and opt for the selections mentioned by the others above. My top choices would be the Solarium (small buffet), Park Cafe (mostly sandwiches), or the hot dogs on the Boardwalk. Sorrento's Pizza will be open, but I'd save that for late night when options are more limited.

3 hours ago, DocLC said:

We went to Sabor for lunch and really enjoyed it. While it wasn't complimentary, it was relaxed and quiet and we were able to have a leisurely lunch until our cabin was available.

I’m leaning towards this myself when I board Freedom, if only because they have by all accounts the best margaritas of any bar on board, and that’s what I want my “I’m FINALLY on the ship!!!” first drink to be. ??

15 hours ago, JLMoran said:

I’m leaning towards this myself when I board Freedom, if only because they have by all accounts the best margaritas of any bar on board, and that’s what I want my “I’m FINALLY on the ship!!!” first drink to be. ??

I can't wait to have another avocado margarita from Sabor.

21 hours ago, jurrjurr said:

If you want a quick lunch (sandwich, salads, fruits), I recommend Park Cafe in the Central Park neighbourhood.  There will most likely be a line up for food but it will move quickly since most items are already in containers.

Concur, Park Cafe also ends up being my go to restaurant for breakfast as well, usually because it is not crowded, but towards the end of my last cruise on Allure the secret was out...

Rjac

On 2/25/2018 at 11:19 AM, rjac said:

It comes down to individual priorities. You can hot tub all you want during the week, but you only get one shot at embarkation lunch. I'd like to see that Youtube video, do you remember the title or can you post the link? Thanks!:27_sunglasses:

Here's the video I was talking about.   It's two parts of there first day.

Note times 4:14 and 7:56 in the second video

35 minutes ago, Kurtp13 said:

Rjac

Here's the video I was talking about.   It's two parts of there first day.

Note times 4:14 and 7:56 in the second video

Thanks for sharing. Wow, talk about lost 1 and lost 2. I wonder what the rest of their cruise was like? :27_sunglasses: