British Colonial Hitlon Beach Day Review!

BugsyCruiser

Hello friends! 

I'm here to provide you with a review of my beach day at the British Colonial Hilton in Nassau! This came highly recommended from Matt on several of his Periscope broadcasts so I figured our RC Periscopers Super Bowl group cruise aboard Enchantment would be the perfect opportunity to try it out! 

This beach day is available from Resortforaday and is 79 dollars with a 17 dollar deposit paid up front and the rest payable when you check in at the hotel(no cash accepted, credit or debit card only). It's a late start tonight so I'll add more tomorrow.We actually arrived in Nassau a day early at 5 pm due to Coco Cay being cancelled, a too frequent occurence lately unfortunately. I was able to see the hotel from the ship as we were docking and was impressed right off the bat at how pristine the beach looked. This was definitely a good indication of how this beach day would go the next day :12_slight_smile:

In this photo you can see the hotel and the beach just to the left of the cranes.

20180203_170525.jpg

Getting to the hotel is super easy and only about a ten minute walk. Once you leave the port area head west all the way till the road turns left. You'll see a Senor Frogs right at that corner. Turn left and go about 3 blocks and you're at the Hilton. Check in was easy... I'll go over the details a little later today. The hotel lobby is beautiful as you'll see in these pictures:

20180204_094731.jpg

20180204_094738.jpg

20180204_094745.jpg

At check in you will pay the balance owed for the beach day with either a credit or debit card. You'll receive a wristband so the staff will know your a beach day guest for the day. You will also receive your voucher for the food and beverage credit and for beach towels. It is not necessary to bring towels from the ship.... another plus.

Once outside and when you pick your chairs where you would like to sit at the beach you'll meet your server. He or she will take your food and beverage credit and keep track of your purchases. Once you go over that 40, an additional amount spent is payable with a credit card or cash but you won't pay till your ready to head back to the ship and close out your bill. At the east end of the pool is where you would turn in your voucher for up to two beach towels. 

We bought passes based on Matt's recommendation AND your recent scopes from there!  Looks beautiful, and it's a perfect mix for us, my two college -aged sons, and the seventy-something in-laws traveling with us.

I am wondering, do you have to use the food & beverage credit outdoors, or is there a restaurant inside that you can go to?  If it's hot that day, I'm thinking my in-laws will want to spend some time indoors.

2 hours ago, KathyC said:

We bought passes based on Matt's recommendation AND your recent scopes from there!  Looks beautiful, and it's a perfect mix for us, my two college -aged sons, and the seventy-something in-laws traveling with us.

I am wondering, do you have to use the food & beverage credit outdoors, or is there a restaurant inside that you can go to?  If it's hot that day, I'm thinking my in-laws will want to spend some time indoors.

Hi Kathy. You can use the beverage credit at any of the restaurants. If you look at the bar picture that is where the grill is located and they do have covered seating there along with fans going where you can eat at as well

52 minutes ago, BugsyCruiser said:

I can see why you recommend the place so much, well worth the 79 dollars!

@BugsyCruiser thank you so much for posting these pics! Based on @Matt recommendations and you, this is what I'm doing for my January cruise. It looks so very beautiful! This hotel has been around for many many years, I can see that they've really kept it up, it used to be a Sheraton, maybe once Hilton bought it. So exited! Thank you!!!

I will add that the 40 dollar food and beverage credit does go quickly. I went 40 dollars over my credit but no surprise it's your typical resort prices. Considering the cost of Atlantis or other all inclusive options which require a taxi, this is a good value in my humble opinion. That pretty much concludes the review friends.

If anyone else has any questions feel free and I will try to answer them as best as I can 

2 hours ago, Boston Babe said:

Was it very crowed there or just right? I don't think I would ever do Atlantis. I also like being so close to the ships as well.

Not crowded at all considering we had 5 ships in port that day. No issue finding a chair at the beach or seat at the open air bar and grill