Port Everglades Hotel Ideas

In April we were at the other Hampton Inn (Hampton Inn & Suites Fort Lauderdale Airport) to the south but it won't be my first choice in October.  It was okay and it was one of the worst Hampton Inn breakfasts I've had.  There's also not a lot of food nearby options other than McD and Taco Bell.   We will shoot for the Embassy Suites next time.  

We loved Renaissance on 17th Street.  It's literally 5 min by car/taxi/uber/lyft from the port.  You can see the ship clearly from the hotel.  If we had no luggage we could probably have walked.

The Renaissance is a clean, modern, upscale hotel.  Lots of restaurants within walking distance.  It has a shuttle for a fee.  We did not use it.  We just asked the hotel to call us a cab, it showed up in less than 5 min and it cost us $12 (tip included).  There are many hotels to choose from in that area but I like Renaissance because it seemed a bit newer and updated compared to some of the others in that area.

I've used all the places on 17th street (Pier66, Hilton Marina, Renaissance, Embassy, HI Express, Extended Stay). 

No issues with any. 

All (except Pier66) within walking to all the shops and eateries in the area.  

That said, my favorites are Hilton Marina and Renaissance

I’m currently booked in the Embassy Suites 17th Street, based of recommendations from some of the members here who live nearby. But we were also looking to splurge a little since we’re spending two nights there before boarding; depending on your budget it might or might not work for you.

In all honesty. you're probably better off booking a hotel without a shuttle to the port, but with one that has an airport shuttle. Usually, you can end up with a hotel that's cheaper and the cost to get to the port is usually less than $20 for the taxi and you can go when you want rather than on the hotel shuttle's schedule. Cambria Suites, as mentioned by @Matt, has an airport shuttle and the cost from the hotel to the port shouldn't be more than $20.

Another alternative is to look for a cheap one night rental through Alamo at the airport as they have a shuttle to the port, so you could take that upon returning the car if you have a need for a car. Plus, you'd have more options of places to stay with a car.

Agree with DocLC.  Just finished an Eastern Caribbean cruise on Celebrity from Port Everglades.  We stayed at the Hyatt Place Fort Lauderdale Airport and Cruise Pier the night before - as everything else was sold out or crazy expensive!  The hotel offers a free shuttle from the FLL airport - Nygel was a great driver!  Close by to Hollywood Beach - if you want to head to Margaritaville for dinner.  Also a free breakfast at the hotel.

The hotel did have a paid shuttle to the pier - $12 per person - which ends up being a bit more than Uber for 2 people.   Plus, I always prefer to take an Uber to the cruise pier.  The last thing I want to do on the start of a vacation is wait for a busload of people leaving from my hotel to the cruise pier, and then their mad rush to check in.  With Uber, you can leave whenever you want and get a relaxed start to your cruise!

On 2/23/2018 at 11:52 PM, DocLC said:

In all honesty. you're probably better off booking a hotel without a shuttle to the port, but with one that has an airport shuttle. Usually, you can end up with a hotel that's cheaper and the cost to get to the port is usually less than $20 for the taxi and you can go when you want rather than on the hotel shuttle's schedule. Cambria Suites, as mentioned by @Matt, has an airport shuttle and the cost from the hotel to the port shouldn't be more than $20.

Another alternative is to look for a cheap one night rental through Alamo at the airport as they have a shuttle to the port, so you could take that upon returning the car if you have a need for a car. Plus, you'd have more options of places to stay with a car.

Additionally hotel shuttle to the port always seem to leave later than I want to be there.

46 minutes ago, WAAAYTOOO said:

This is my main objection to using the hotel shuttle

Same.  Having to wait around for 20 or so people to load a shuttle is not how I want to start off.  And it delays us.  The only time I have waited for shuttle is on DCL to get to PC because that involves a longer ride.

I just got back on Sunday from the 2/17  8 day Eastern Caribbean on Freedom of the Seas, and we stayed at the Extended Stay Suites on 17th.  What was nice is that we were able to park our car there (for extra, of course), and get a shuttle to the cruise terminal, which was right around the corner.  We did, however, have to get a taxi back, as the shuttle will only take you TO the port.  Hotel was nice, and fit our price range nicely.