Vegan requirements

tallpaul86

I'm a vegetarian (actually, I don't like the label - I just love vegetables and end up eating sushi once in a while) but have a nunber of vegan friends and am sympathetic with the mission.  I can tell you on RCI they've always been eager to please, the key is communication (and this is honestly the key on any cruise line).  Your friend will want to have his/her reservation annotated and get in touch with someone in the MDR on embarkation day as well.  Each evening the next day's menu is available so that it can be reviewed to see if there is anything of interest, something that can be modified to be made vegan, or if nothing else, a special request can be made.  I personally love Indian food, which is easily made vegan, so this is just one option - but ultimately it comes down to making requests and not trusting signage.  Check out the below article to get some additional tips - and to understand why I say not to trust signage.  

http://www.cruisehabit.com/how-request-vegan-vegatarian-gluten-free-or-kosher-meals-your-next-cruise

• 1 month later...

As someone with severe allergies, they are very good about working with you. It is recommended to preorder your meals the night before but they do a great job of making sure your needs are met. We had a great waiter even in MTD and they did a great job of ensuring my food was safe even without ordering it the night before. They were also very informative.