Dining Package Questions

cruiselife

We are going on Harmony for our first oasis class cruise and the cruise planner hasn't opened up for dining reservations yet. I know that prices are subject to change, but could anyone give me an idea of approximately how much the 3, 4, and 5 night, BOGO, and First Night Done Right packages cost?

The best way to know for sure is by looking in the cruise planner for your cruise.  I can show some of my pricing but with the caveat being pricing does vary and sometimes not all options are offered from one sailing to the next.  Consider these ballpark prices and know that all options will likely not be offered for your sailing, or they might be there one week and then gone the next depending how well some of them are selling.

FNDR $20

BOGO $40

3 Night $75 - 85

4 Night $90-100

5 Night $105-115

13 hours ago, twangster said:

FNDR $20

This option does not appear in my Cruise Planner.  Based on recommendations here, we were thinking of avoiding the madding crowd in the MDR on the first evening by indulging our inner carnivore at Chops.  I guess we'll just have to kick in the extra $15/per?  frown.gif

1 hour ago, Digmenow said:

This option does not appear in my Cruise Planner.  Based on recommendations here, we were thinking of avoiding the madding crowd in the MDR on the first evening by indulging our inner carnivore at Chops.  I guess we'll just have to kick in the extra $15/per?  frown.gif

Does the BOGO2 appear?  If you are going to pay full price for Chops on day 1 the BOGO2 would get you that plus a specialty dinner on day 2 for nearly the same price I imagine.   

21 hours ago, Cruiselife said:

We are going on Harmony for our first oasis class cruise and the cruise planner hasn't opened up for dining reservations yet. I know that prices are subject to change, but could anyone give me an idea of approximately how much the 3, 4, and 5 night, BOGO, and First Night Done Right packages cost?

Here are screen shots from my cruise planner for Harmony (sailing July 28, 2018):

5a8d7dc6cd469_Screenshot(48).thumb.png.c18f8b39e5dbe4df51190ecaf75efd30.png5a8d7dd259203_Screenshot(49).thumb.png.d67a340840f64d39dd271e89f743ca16.png5a8d7dddc15cf_Screenshot(50).thumb.png.8db4adc8aac12b34d3a4d8e58763dd5d.png5a8d7de988a6b_Screenshot(51).thumb.png.e2375b1b78a4bf700d4a3da7886de020.png5a8d7df47f9ff_Screenshot(52).thumb.png.e7602da488e6e7b57e4fa7a3ae993a08.png5a8d7dff1dc2e_Screenshot(53).thumb.png.e83e397b71d20e57829cd59be50cf3ea.png

1 hour ago, Sabrinaklai said:

Here are screen shots from my cruise planner for Harmony (sailing July 28, 2019):

Thank you Sabrina. I wonder why the cruise planner is available so much earlier for your sailing. Ours is in February 2019 and it still only has the shore excursions, internet packages, and spa services available to book. There are no dining and drink packages or show times available yet.

2 hours ago, Cruiselife said:

Thank you Sabrina. I wonder why the cruise planner is available so much earlier for your sailing. Ours is in February 2019 and it still only has the shore excursions, internet packages, and spa services available to book. There are no dining and drink packages or show times available yet.

Yikes! I typed it wrong!  Sorry.  It's suppose to be July 28, 2018.

The earliest I have seen dining and entertainment come up is about 170 days out.

4 hours ago, Cruiselife said:

I wonder why the cruise planner is available so much earlier for your sailing. 

There's no set pattern or logic as to when certain Cruise Planner items appear.  It can be baffling at times to see the discrepancies.

Just to be clear about the BOGO deal, the following from the Cruise Planner means that if I book the deal, then after boarding, I should swing by Chops and GT to reserve time and table for nights one and two?  Also, do I need to visit both venues or can I do it all from either?

INSIDER TIPS

• This offer requires dining on Days 1 and 2
  • You can make amendments or additional reservations on your first day onboard to guarantee preferred dining time and restaurants

•  

Do it all from either, there may even be a Kiosk set up on the Promenade when you board that if not really busy can also take care of them for you.

The only restaurant I have been told that you have to visit specifically was Izumi, but I lucked out last cruise and was dealing with a person on the Promenade making all of my reservations and when we got done I asked off the cuff "OK we are good with all my reservations" she stated yes, all except Izumi, that has to be done at the restaurant, I was getting ready to protest when she told me she was the manager of Izumi and would head right down and take care of it for me, again, luck on my part.

@Cruiselife, I just thought of another tip...

Your best bet for deals in the Cruise planner would be the Black Friday planner sale that comes up (usually).  If you are cruising in February 2019, then more than likely, your dining and entertainment will be open by then.  I have found, over the last few years, the best deals have come out on Black Friday.  Sales come and go, but the Black Friday ones have had the best prices so keep an eye out.  You can always purchase things ahead of time to secure it but then watch for an opportunity to re-price it in November.  Two years ago, some dining did go on sale for Black Friday. However, last year, I did not notice a discount on dining packages at all, not for Black Friday or other Cruise planner sales.

3 hours ago, Sabrinaklai said:

@Cruiselife, I just thought of another tip...

Your best bet for deals in the Cruise planner would be the Black Friday planner sale that comes up (usually).  If you are cruising in February 2019, then more than likely, your dining and entertainment will be open by then.  I have found, over the last few years, the best deals have come out on Black Friday.  Sales come and go, but the Black Friday ones have had the best prices so keep an eye out.  You can always purchase things ahead of time to secure it but then watch for an opportunity to re-price it in November.  Two years ago, some dining did go on sale for Black Friday. However, last year, I did not notice a discount on dining packages at all, not for Black Friday or other Cruise planner sales.

I actually took advantage of a sale in late October and was surprised when the Black Friday sales came out and were NOT as good!  Having said that I am expecting to lock most of my excursions and drink packages down on Black Friday this year for my April 19 sailing.

5 minutes ago, jce2 said:

I actually took advantage of a sale in late October and was surprised when the Black Friday sales came out and were NOT as good!  Having said that I am expecting to lock most of my excursions and drink packages down on Black Friday this year for my April 19 sailing.

All the more reason to check obsessively I guess :12_slight_smile:

Unless something like a major holiday takes place during a 7 night cruise of course, then Formal Nights take place on Days 2 and 6, usually?

I ask because we're still considering the BOGO and that means Formal Night in the specialty restaurant if it's really on Day 2.  

tenor.gif?itemid=4119778

30 minutes ago, Digmenow said:

Unless something like a major holiday takes place during a 7 night cruise of course, then Formal Nights take place on Days 2 and 6, usually?

I ask because we're still considering the BOGO and that means Formal Night in the specialty restaurant if it's really on Day 2.  

It depends on the itin but yes, generally nights 2 and 6.

After much wringing of hands and gnashing of teeth, the decision was to reserve the first night's meal only and eat at Chops.  The rest of the trip will be in the MDR.

Question.

If I booked Chops through the Cruiser Planner and specified time and date, do I still need to drop in after boarding or am I all set for a delicious steak (or three!) on night 1?

giphy.gif