Grand Cayman

Cowcrazy65

All of seven mile beach is public, so you could go to the Royal Palms beach and use it for free but of course access to their facilities is something different. So should you go for the Royal Palms? If you want that level of service, sure.  Otherwise, there are plenty of other less expensive spots that can offer chairs, umbrella and some sort of bar/food service.

All of seven mile beach is public, so you could go to the Royal Palms beach and use it for free but of course access to their facilities is something different. So should you go for the Royal Palms? If you want that level of service, sure.  Otherwise, there are plenty of other less expensive spots that can offer chairs, umbrella and some sort of bar/food service.

We are looking at a 7 mile beach excursion, what would you suggest?

We are looking at a 7 mile beach excursion, what would you suggest?

In my experience, walk into the city and talk to a taxi driver and tell him/her the experience you're looking for.  For example, if you just want free beach access and no frills.  Or maybe you want somewhere that has beach chairs, umbrellas for rent and a restaurant.  

• 2 months later...

While on this topic, my wife and I will be going scuba diving while the in-laws watch the kids for us.  They want to meet us at 7 Mile Beach.  Is there a good meeting point on 7 mile beach?  Bar/Restaurant/etc?

7 mile beach is a really large area.  It's like saying you'll meet someone at Disney World.  

My recommendation is pick a restaurant or hotel on the beach specifically to meet.

• 3 weeks later...
Guest amejiajr8

Royal Palms has been my go to. Really clean you pay $2 per adult to get in. If you want a beach chair it's like $7 bucks each chair. I say $20 gets you set up. I didnt get an umbrella. It Has restrooms a full restaurant & bar. We only were going to spend a few hours at the beach so it was worth it. You can get some great family pics with ships in the back ground. We took taxi to and from royal palms.

Royal Palms has been my go to. Really clean you pay $2 per adult to get in. If you want a beach chair it's like $7 bucks each chair. I say $20 gets you set up. I didnt get an umbrella. It Has restrooms a full restaurant & bar. We only were going to spend a few hours at the beach so it was worth it. You can get some great family pics with ships in the back ground. We took taxi to and from royal palms.

I like that strategy.  Find a resort/hotel on the beach that offers it all and take advantage of it.