Give Back to La Perla Community Question

JeffSarahTravel

First-time cruisers on Freedom of The Seas in March and we are really excited! This site and podcast have been a tremendous help for our planning. I did want to ask if anyone has done the Shore Excursion in San Juan, Puerto Rico called "Give Back to La Perla Community" it sounds like something encouraging to do but wanted to see if anyone knew more about this.  Thank you!!

I had to look this up - I hadn't seen this before, but it looks like a good way to give back to a community! 

That said, most of what I've heard about La Perla describes it as dangerous and an area to absolutely not walk in to due to crime and drug trafficking. An organized tour might make this a little bit different, but just sharing what I've heard. 

• 1 month later...
On ‎2018‎-‎02‎-‎20 at 9:58 AM, JeffSarahTravel said:

First-time cruisers on Freedom of The Seas in March and we are really excited! This site and podcast have been a tremendous help for our planning. I did want to ask if anyone has done the Shore Excursion in San Juan, Puerto Rico called "Give Back to La Perla Community" it sounds like something encouraging to do but wanted to see if anyone knew more about this.  Thank you!!

Did you end up doing this tour? If so, how was it? :)