Transfers from airport to pier

Joe B

Which port?

Usually it is cheaper to use your own transfers.  We sail from Ft Lauderdale and use a cab and it's about $15 or so with a tip.  If you are sailing from Pt Canaveral, a shuttle is still cheaper than Royal Caribbean's transports.  Additionally, Royal Caribbean waits for their transportation, usually a bus, to fill up before going to/from the port.  Taxis or Uber don't have to do that.

8 hours ago, Steve L said:

I find using a car service is much cheaper. I've used Uber and Lyft....but out of Galveston I've used Galveston Limousine but don't let the name fool you. They have a fleet of buses that get you to and fro at a good price. Where are you going to?

Flying in to Seattle for a cruise to Alaska in June 2019 for our 30th anniversary.  First time cruisers so we are a bit nervous. 

8 hours ago, Katiel53 said:

Which port?

Usually it is cheaper to use your own transfers.  We sail from Ft Lauderdale and use a cab and it's about $15 or so with a tip.  If you are sailing from Pt Canaveral, a shuttle is still cheaper than Royal Caribbean's transports.  Additionally, Royal Caribbean waits for their transportation, usually a bus, to fill up before going to/from the port.  Taxis or Uber don't have to do that.

Thank You Katiel53.  I am not one for waiting for people I do not know.  We will be flying in to Seattle from Las Vegas for a cruise to Alaska on the Ovation of the Seas.  First time cruisers so we have lots of questions.

41 minutes ago, Matt said:

I vote for car service of some kind.  If nothing else, it will allow you to travel on your schedule (meaning no waiting around for the bus)

I agree, also with your own transportation arrangements, if you want to stop at a Liquor store for wine or a CVS or Walgreen's (We all know they are always directly across the street from each other) for water or supplies it will not be an issue.

You can use either Uber or Lyft or Google search "Limo" services from the airport to the port, they are surprisingly not very expensive. I just took a private limo service from Fort Lauderdale port to Miami airport for $80 including tip.

• 1 month later...

I've heard that Uber has been approved to pick-up from the Orlando airport. Do not know the rate. My account has been hacked and after 7 unauthorized charges, conversation with AMEX customer service team member  and an email to UBER...my account has been disabled for further investigation.

We use a private company. They have been great so far. I have kids, so i need car seats. They provide them for free. We also request a free stop on the way to the port. It is more expensive than UBER or shared shuttle, but it is so worth it.

I see that many people choose to rent a car and drive to the port, but it is way too much work for me : ) Its my vacation... i just want to relax.

8 minutes ago, ITravelWithKids said:

I've heard that Uber has been approved to pick-up from the Orlando airport. Do not know the rate. My account has been hacked and after 7 unauthorized charges, conversation with AMEX customer service team member  and an email to UBER...my account has been disabled for further investigation.

We use a private company. They have been great so far. I have kids, so i need car seats. They provide them for free. We also request a free stop on the way to the port. It is more expensive than UBER or shared shuttle, but it is so worth it.

I see that many people choose to rent a car and drive to the port, but it is way too much work for me : ) Its my vacation... i just want to relax.

By the way, if someone is interested ... the company i mentioned is called STAR TRANS-VIP

You can definitely shop around. There are so many transportation companies in Orlando. Good luck.

• 1 year later...

does anyone know how often the shuttles run from airport to pier ? my mom and I are going on a cruise in sept but were flying in the day before so we were trying to figure out when we need to be back to the airoport to get the shuttle and I cant find any info on this.. are there specific times like 3 times a day or every hour ? 

We’ve arranged to have royal Caribbean transportation since we’re flying in to San Juan but our flight gets in at 9:30 a.m. we purchased the key and now I’m worried we’re going to be waiting around at the airport on the shuttle for a long time when I could be getting my vacation started! 

We have used RC transfers overseas (Europe) and have found them valuable because a representative met us after we cleared customs/immigration.  In Europe flights typically arrive early in the AM, so there is no rush. However, on a trip to New Zealand our travel agent advised us to use a local service, and we had no trouble taking a "small shuttle" from the airport to our hotel.  Some cities even have light rails or regular trains.