C&A Priority Boarding

hayley_bopp

I'm off on my 2nd RC this summer. Just enrolled for C&A Society membership and it's showing I've got 14 points from my previous cruise making me a gold member. 

Am I right in thinking this gets me priority boarding this time around and if so, what does that entail?

Also my husband was on my last cruise with me and will be next time. I've added him as a 'guest' on my CA profile and have tried to use the 'enrol a household member' form but for some reason it's not working. Do I/he need to get in touch with them for him to take advantage of priority boarding too? Or do I have to leave him in the terminal while I get on-board early? ? 

41 minutes ago, hayley_bopp said:

Am I right in thinking this gets me priority boarding this time around and if so, what does that entail?

Also my husband was on my last cruise with me and will be next time. I've added him as a 'guest' on my CA profile and have tried to use the 'enrol a household member' form but for some reason it's not working. Do I/he need to get in touch with them for him to take advantage of priority boarding too? Or do I have to leave him in the terminal while I get on-board early? ? 

All being Gold does is get you some discounts listed on a sheet of paper in your stateroom on embarkation day. I never experienced it getting me on board any quicker than my first cruise. In fact, on a couple of sailings the Gold check-in line was longer than the non-C&A line. I would call the C&A line (866) 562-7625 for assistance in enrolling your husband if it didn't work online the first time.

I agree with @DunkelBierJay you have to look at the wait for Gold and see how long it is compared to other lines, I'm a diamond and this last October I was scooting towards the diamond line when I noticed no one was in the regular line (Couple of groups of people in the diamond line) so my wife and I just went to the regular line and went right through.

As @DunkelBierJay just call the C&A number, they are very helpful.

As @DunkelBierJay already said, call the C&A number.  Do not call the regular RC number!  They often don't get their facts straight.  C&A department is way more helpful.

I just recently called them to register my daughters (who have never sailed RC but to get them equivalent status).  I was super easy.  They gave them a C&A number, added it to our reservation, all within 5 minutes on the phone.