Specialty Dining - Dessert to Go?

hayley_bopp

I've just spotted on another post someone referring to taking 'dessert to go' when dining at Chops/Giovanni's Table. 

When we were on Navigator for our first cruise, we dined at Chops and it was amazing! However, we were so full that I ordered the Red Velvet Cake and just had a couple of bites of it - in the name of research ? My husband refused to order one and so I didn't get to even try his!

We're looking forward to our upcoming cruise on the newly-refurbed IOS and will definitely dine at Chops again. If we are again too full for dessert, should we/can we ask for dessert to go? 

We did this! We went to Giovanni's on our honeymoon, and by the time dessert rolled around we were stuffed so we asked to take it to go. He gave us a plate all neatly wrapped to take with us. We were on a B2B and pretty tired, so we went back to the room to rent a movie and relax. The leftover cake and cannolis made for a great late night snack! 

On 2/18/2018 at 9:48 AM, hayley_bopp said:

Depends if they're using the new or old menu. Apparently red velvet cake has gone from the new menu ?

I am hoping it is still available on Freedom. I heard so many good reviews and it's the main reason I booked chops lunch,  just for the cake lol.

• 2 weeks later...