Crown Loft Suite

StevenM

Has anyone stayed in a obstructed oceanview Crown Loft Suite on an Oasis Class ship? I’m looking to switch cabins and I can’t get a straight answer on how truly obstructed the view is, some say it’s not that obstructed but the balcony is smaller. If anyone can shed any light it will be greatly appreciated. 

2 hours ago, StevenM said:

Has anyone stayed in a obstructed oceanview Crown Loft Suite on an Oasis Class ship? I’m looking to switch cabins and I can’t get a straight answer on how truly obstructed the view is, some say it’s not that obstructed but the balcony is smaller. If anyone can shed any light it will be greatly appreciated. 

I almost did on Harmony.  Having almost booked I went to look while on board.  It seems like the window washing rig parks itself in this area at times.  This is the rig used to wash the windows of the Windjammer right below the loft suites.  It travels the rails and parks at one end sometimes, the other end other times.   At least from what I saw without actually being on the balcony that is the obstruction.  I've stayed in regular CLS so that is all I could figure the obstruction might be.  

I agree with @twangster.  I have noticed the window washing equipment parked outside of that area too before.  But that was also on Harmony, not sure about the other Oasis ships.  That's the only thing I can think of that might be in the way.  There are no other poles etc. in that area.

One morning, port morning, we were eating breakfast in CK and the rig was moving along the CK window area and parked right in front of us.  We could still see the area in front and below us.  It was not 100% obstructed but would be mildly annoying if you had to look at it all day long.

• 2 weeks later...