Deluxe Beach Bungalows on Cococay

firebuck

Hey Everyone!

My Wife, Sister in law, and Brother in law will be on the Anthem of the Seas departing October 27th this year. This will be our fourth cruise on Royal, but first time to Cococay.  I had been looking at the Beach Bungalow options at Cococay, of which they had two offerings - the deluxe and the regular.  I think the only difference was that with the deluxe, you were given a menu to order from and the food is brought back to you.  That deluxe option seems to have dissapeared as of now.  Does that mean that the Deluxe options are sold out?  If the only difference truly is the delivered food, why couldn't that be offered in the regular beach bungalows that are still available?  I think I'll go ahead and book the regular bungalow for now, and if the deluxe shows back up later, I'll cancel and book that.  Either way, do any of you have any experience with these?

Thanks,

Phill

I haven't tried one of those personally, but my experience in a Cabana at Labadee made for a really relaxed day. Bungalows and Cabanas are great options for an upgraded beach experience - particularly for a group of people. I'd say go for it! 

9 minutes ago, firebuck said:

Thanks, I think I will go ahead and book.  It does look like an awesome way for a small group to relax!  Can't wait to be on the beach with a Coco Loco in hand - Cheers!

And for a little incentive, they just went on sale this morning for our cruise on Enchantment in July.  Saved $65.  Check your cruise planner.

6 minutes ago, DDemuth said:

And for a little incentive, they just went on sale this morning for our cruise on Enchantment in July.  Saved $65.  Check your cruise planner.

Thanks for the tip, but no such luck here - Still $244.  Maybe October is still a bit far out for them to be putting it on sale yet.  Good find though!!

37 minutes ago, firebuck said:

Thanks for the tip, but no such luck here - Still $244.  Maybe October is still a bit far out for them to be putting it on sale yet.  Good find though!!

Check back on it periodically for sales - you can always cancel and re-book at the new rate.

• 2 weeks later...

The bungalows on Cococay were amazing. According to the staff there, all bungalows are the same. There is no "regular' or "deluxe" division in the bungalow category at this time and they knew of no change happening. Our bungalow tickets served as our tender tickets, which by Oct, you should not have to worry about. There is a shuttle to take you to/from the bungalow area as it is a pretty decent distance from the drop-off point. When checking in, everyone in your bungalow received a "VIP" wristband, only 6 per bungalow allowed. All bungalows had a cooler w/ice and 4 large bottles of Evian water, food delivery from the food truck (food was preordered in Wonderland a few days ahead) . It is close to a restroom and a couple bars, but also a bar waiter roaming around if you wanted them. You can still walk to the main dining area and eat there if you want the BBQ food, but it is only open for a couple of hours and it was very crowded. I don't know if I can ever forget what it was like to "live the bungalow lifestyle" and go back to being a normal beach bum!

On 2/27/2018 at 10:25 PM, Lauren said:

The bungalows on Cococay were amazing. According to the staff there, all bungalows are the same. There is no "regular' or "deluxe" division in the bungalow category at this time and they knew of no change happening. Our bungalow tickets served as our tender tickets, which by Oct, you should not have to worry about. There is a shuttle to take you to/from the bungalow area as it is a pretty decent distance from the drop-off point. When checking in, everyone in your bungalow received a "VIP" wristband, only 6 per bungalow allowed. All bungalows had a cooler w/ice and 4 large bottles of Evian water, food delivery from the food truck (food was preordered in Wonderland a few days ahead) . It is close to a restroom and a couple bars, but also a bar waiter roaming around if you wanted them. You can still walk to the main dining area and eat there if you want the BBQ food, but it is only open for a couple of hours and it was very crowded. I don't know if I can ever forget what it was like to "live the bungalow lifestyle" and go back to being a normal beach bum!

Nice!! Thanks so much for your response, Lauren!  That info was very helpful!  I guess they have decided to include the food truck delivery with the bungalows now.  I'd say up until mid January in the cruise planner the prices for the "deluxe" was $295  and $244 for "regular" - when clicking between the two, the only difference was the food delivery.  Then one day, the deluxe offering disappeared!  I wonder if they were trying something... experimental and then thought better of it?  Either way, I'm happy to pay less money for the same service!  I was also able to save 10% bringing the cost down to $215!  It was a very brief sale (maybe lasted 4 days?) that wasn't even part of any advertised cruise planner sale window, so it definitely pays to check the cruise planner daily for deals and specials!

Thanks again for this info, and I can't wait for my first visit to Coco Cay!

On 3/1/2018 at 10:44 AM, firebuck said:

Wow... and today it dropped even further with the new promotion!  $183 for the bungalows! woooo!

Great deal! When my husband and I went down to order the food for the 2 of us, she asked us how many of us there would be, we told her there would be 4, and that my daughter and her boyfriend would be down later to order their food, she said we had to order all at once. We were allowed to order 4 starters, 4 entrees and 4 desserts. My daughter went down later and there was a different person taking orders. He took their order and added it to ours so we got 6 of each course. It was too much food! We really liked the chips and salsa, which was more like nachos. The chicken tacos, chicken sandwich and burger were a hit too. 

The bungalows are sold out on the day we are going to be there.  I called to see if any are still in inventory, the answer was no.  I asked if there is a waiting list, in case of cancellations, I was told to ask once I get on the ship.  Has anyone ever had success getting a bungalow by asking once on the ship?

20 hours ago, David Maryland said:

The bungalows are sold out on the day we are going to be there.  I called to see if any are still in inventory, the answer was no.  I asked if there is a waiting list, in case of cancellations, I was told to ask once I get on the ship.  Has anyone ever had success getting a bungalow by asking once on the ship?

Maybe ask about availability of the cabanas.  Just a bit more expensive than the bungalows, but they are water front and close to the upgraded lunch buffet that is made available to those in the cabanas and those in suites.

When my husband and I went down to preorder our food, the lady told us that we had to order for all 4 of us, my daughter and her boyfriend were going to go down later to order theirs. We ordered 4 starters, 4 entrees and 4 desserts. Before I saw my daughter to tell her we ordered it, they went down and another person added their order to ours, so we had food for 6! As you cab see in the right side of the picture, the chips and salsa is more like nachos.DSCN1797.thumb.JPG.8d0e6f3fc563428959934f43e401d69f.JPGDSCN1789.thumb.JPG.90768c1b57e1327c160374654f7b08cf.JPGDSCN1780.thumb.JPG.5dec540ee6d12c4ef9ddfbba2fa5de62.JPGDSCN1776.thumb.JPG.74718815c9a28bcf77728cc37846db27.JPGHere a few pictures of the "bungalow lifestyle"DSCN1773.thumb.JPG.62f9be8e12064e55baf98cd8a5776c9f.JPG 

• 1 month later...

I'm looking at the cabanas and bungalows for our sailing of the Mariner of the Seas in November and neither say anything about food delivery so I'm confused.  Does it always include that?  Also, we will have the ultimate drink package so I believe that means we can get drinks as well?  

Also, if I try to purchase this on the cruise planner and select 2 guests, it's charging me the price for each person even though it says the pricing is per bungalow.  I'm not ready to book right now anyway but can someone confirm that it is indeed per bungalow and that can be for up to 6 people?  Thank you.

7 minutes ago, RRoman7 said:

Also, if I try to purchase this on the cruise planner and select 2 guests, it's charging me the price for each person even though it says the pricing is per bungalow.  I'm not ready to book right now anyway but can someone confirm that it is indeed per bungalow and that can be for up to 6 people?  Thank you.

yes, you only have to put 1 person down, and you can put 6 people in it -- I think you get wristbands for that, so they will allow them in the area. As far as food delivery, that is for bungalows only, I think -- maybe it's a distance from the BBQ areas?  There are also barbecues set up, with meat, salads, fruit, dessert, with an "upgraded" one in the cabana area for cabana & suite guests.  We go soon, and getting a cabana, so I can report back