Cruise Critic 2018 Cruiser's Choice Awards

3 minutes ago, twangster said:

And that was before the dry dock she just finished this month!

Also made the cut for Best Cruise Ships for Fitness & Recreation, Best Cruise Ships for Shore Excursions, Best Cruises for First Timers, and Best Cruises for Families!

It was interesting to see that rc and celebrity were way out in front.  Where they weren't though was for first timers (Norwegian was all over that)  and shore excursions (where carnival was everywhere).  Just kinda random...  Oh yeah,  and someday I'm going on celebrity!   Jane

10 minutes ago, mom2mybugs said:

It was interesting to see that rc and celebrity were way out in front.  Where they weren't though was for first timers (Norwegian was all over that)  and shore excursions (where carnival was everywhere).  Just kinda random...  Oh yeah,  and someday I'm going on celebrity!   Jane

In both First Time and Shore Excursions RCCL has 5/10 in the top 10 for large ships.  I'd consider that a win.

Keep in mind the large ship category starts at 2,000 passengers.  There are only 3 ships in the Royal Caribbean fleet that aren't "large" ships. 

Shore Excursions

2 - Adventure

3 - Harmony

4 - Liberty

6 - Oasis

8 - Allure

First Time

4 - Oasis

7 - Adventure

8 - Harmony

9 - Allure

10 - Liberty

NCL large ships in the top ten of any category - zero, zilch, nada.

40 minutes ago, twangster said:

In both First Time and Shore Excursions RCCL has 5/10 in the top 10 for large ships.  I'd consider that a win.

Keep in mind the large ship category starts at 2,000 passengers.  There are only 3 ships in the Royal Caribbean fleet that aren't "large" ships. 

Shore Excursions

2 - Adventure

3 - Harmony

4 - Liberty

6 - Oasis

8 - Allure

First Time

4 - Oasis

7 - Adventure

8 - Harmony

9 - Allure

10 - Liberty

NCL large ships in the top ten of any category - zero, zilch, nada.

Sorry... brain melted down and I meant Viking and mixed up into ncl...I stand corrected!    I just thought it was interesting that carnival was in the Shore excursions tops (and nowhere else)  ..I know that people often complain that rc excursions are overpacked and pricy (I have found then to be expensive but great).  Jane

20 minutes ago, mom2mybugs said:

Sorry... brain melted down and I meant Viking and mixed up into ncl...I stand corrected!    I just thought it was interesting that carnival was in the Shore excursions tops (and nowhere else)  ..I know that people often complain that rc excursions are overpacked and pricy (I have found then to be expensive but great).  Jane

It's more odd when you dig into the reviews.

Breeze Member rating 3.9 in excursions

5a83a2f476f7e_brzsh.jpeg.0993dd6bf64453592ec83c9ae3dc5e9e.jpeg

Adventure Member ratings 4.0 in excursions (higher than Breeze)

5a83a2fae9810_advsh.jpeg.57a1bceb6541eaeb737349612d99c02f.jpeg

Maybe the Breeze had a good month in 2017 but have since slipped.  They are so close it could simply be normal fluctuations.  Adventure was impacted by Hurricanes more, went to provide relief to the islands, cancelled cruises, evacuated tourists at zero cost.  While it was the right thing to do, displaced guests weren't happy cruisers.  The Breeze kept on cruising with guests through it all.