Smart Check-in...?

Gears

2 hours ago, toodle68 said:

Something new I saw for our upcoming cruise.. the ability to upload your own photo to cut down on check in time at the port.

I had to do that for our last two cruises, but that was Quantum and Harmony.  My first "older" ship will be Adventure in May...check in opens in 4 days, so I'll report back if I have to for that sailing.  She doesn't have the new app yet, I believe.  We're also on Serenade later this year, but I know we have to do it for her. 

3 hours ago, toodle68 said:

Something new I saw for our upcoming cruise.. the ability to upload your own photo to cut down on check in time at the port.

I've used the same photo for 4 or 5 cruises.  In January the check in girl didn't like my printed SetSail pass (printed on color laser printer) or my photo and made me take another one in the terminal.  Go figure.  

Guest toodle68
3 hours ago, KathyC said:

I had to do that for our last two cruises, but that was Quantum and Harmony.  My first "older" ship will be Adventure in May...check in opens in 4 days, so I'll report back if I have to for that sailing.  She doesn't have the new app yet, I believe.  We're also on Serenade later this year, but I know we have to do it for her. 

Yes, this was for Adventurer in March.. 

I would say the picture taking process takes what....15 seconds...maybe even 10 seconds?!..now I know if you multiply that by 3000 people it adds up....blah blah blah...but really, they still have to check the photo to make sure its good and legit...cant see that being much quicker than snapping a digital while you stand at the desk..

As for set times to board...they always suggest a time based on your deck or whatever...I show up at about 10am and am usually having my first drink about 60-75 mins later give or take.....love it!

17 hours ago, monctonguy said:

I would say the picture taking process takes what....15 seconds...maybe even 10 seconds?!..now I know if you multiply that by 3000 people it adds up....blah blah blah...but really, they still have to check the photo to make sure its good and legit...cant see that being much quicker than snapping a digital while you stand at the desk..

In our family's case, it does save time.  It takes the person some time to get the system ready, then take first person's photo, pause to queue up next person, next photo, etc.

It's not 30 minutes, but even if it's 5 minutes, that's 5 less minutes of waiting. Plus, less of me having to lift my kids up to take the photos :13_upside_down:

Yes..I don't travel with kids or a carry on...lol..so my travels are pretty easy and quick and no fuss for the most part. The less I take/have with me, the less to do/wait for at each stop on my trip. Travelling 3-4 times a year for long flights and distances I have learned how to make it as easy as possible.

I get that it could save some time in some cases, just not in my case yet. Maybe once I am older and in a wheelchair it will but.....ha

Got an email on Monday that stated don`t arrive before 12:00 for our cruise on Sunday.  L.O.L.   We will be there as always at 10 A.M.  When we are told to be there or pick a time we will still arrive arrive at 10 A.M.   We will claim must have been a senior moment or something to that degree.   HA HA    Picture taking is a wonderful idea.   Now  if I can only get a waiver for all of my replaced joint parts (knee, hip and shoulder) so I can get on board with out being dam near strip searched every time we get on the boat.   At the airports I have an express pass   but say I need to go in the scanner.  That is always comical.  But getting on ships at times is a real  trip.    

• 2 weeks later...

So we got to the port at 10 a.m. and waited 15 min. and then everyone waiting was on board in about 15 minutes. Very fast.   They had a minor virus outbreak and were doing extra sanitizing. 7 people got sick.  Also we parked the car right at the dock. Literally 30 yards away. We disembarked at 7:30 a.m. and were on the interstate at 8 a.m.  All in all a really great cruise.

wow! I'm glad I found this thread. We were planning on arriving at 1130 like our online check in says. (1st time RC cruiser). What is the earliest time we can arrive to board? 10am? Anthem of the Seas out of Cape Liberty. We are only about an hour driving distance from the port.

9 minutes ago, SeasTheDayNJ said:

wow! I'm glad I found this thread. We were planning on arriving at 1130 like our online check in says. (1st time RC cruiser). What is the earliest time we can arrive to board? 10am? Anthem of the Seas out of Cape Liberty. We are only about an hour driving distance from the port.

You can get there at 10:00 and you may have to sit around and wait for terminal folks to show up for work (:3_grin:, kidding). You may have to wait until they start processing for boarding and there is a priority for boarding. Suites, pinnacle, diamond levels board first then emerald, platinum and gold levels. It's been our experience at the Fort Lauderdale port that the whole in process and boarding takes less than 30 minutes when we were gold & platinum level and that was showing up at the terminal at 11:00 am. :27_sunglasses:

1 hour ago, SeasTheDayNJ said:

10am is usually the commonly agreed beginning time to arrive. I'd say anytime between 10am-11:30am is a good idea.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi!

I'm doing Norway fiords from Copenhage and I was thinking if it's possible to make this smart check in at 11.00 and go back to the city. Does anybody knows? Make the check in, leave the luggage and come back to the ship at 15.00 (it sails at 17.00). Thanks!