St. Lucia - Antilla Brewing Company

KLA

On 2/11/2018 at 7:20 PM, KLAconQueso said:

I remember seeing someone (I believe @bcarney????) posting about a brewery taproom nearby the port in St. Lucia with a great selection of beers. Is anyone aware if this place (Antilla Brewing) is walking distance from the port, and how to get there? 

Thanks! 

Assuming you are docked at Pt. Seraphine and not the industrial area across the bay, just get off the ship, and walk straight through the shopping area.  When you get to the last shops, you'll see Rum Therapy on the left.  Stop there to "rehydrate".  Then continue on about 40 feet into the grassy area and there will be a wooden structure which is the brewery's tap room.  They had I think 8 styles on tap.  Actually I hesitate to call it a taproom as you kind of expect some of the brewing to take place there; this is more like a regular bar that happens to be run by the brewery.  

If you are docked on the industrial side, they have water taxis for a few bucks that will take you to Pt. Seraphine.  When they drop you off you'll be at the north side of the peninsula. Head towards the shopping area, and it will be the first structure you'll walk by, on the right if you stay on the sidewalk.  (note that they were extending the dock when I was there in November so the drop off location may have changed since then).

I looked on Google Earth to see if I could get a birds-eye view to explain, but the images there were taken before the structure was built.  If you look there now you'll see a big grassy area north of the shopping area with the red roofs - the taproom is a new wooden structure in the middle of the area, it's the only building there.

I had an IPA that was splendid, I wish I could remember the name of it, and they had a stout with Cacao nibs that was worthy of the trip.

21 minutes ago, bcarney said:

I had an IPA that was splendid, I wish I could remember the name of it, and they had a stout with Cacao nibs that was worthy of the trip.

TGfF - Thank God for Facebook.  I looked on my timeline and saw that "Naked Fisherman IPA" was one of the IPA varieties (they had 2 and both were good).  My wife liked the Passionfruit Ale as well.  

AWESOME! This is exactly the info I was looking for - can't wait to visit! I'll be dragging the other beer nerds on the trip along with me! Thanks, @bcarney!!!

We have a jeep adventure & beach break planned for this morning, but since we will be back at port by 1:30 this seems like a great way to spend an afternoon. 

1 minute ago, bcarney said:

It's amazing that I can remember my way to one specific bar I've been to once, on an island 2,500 miles away, yet I can't seem to remember to pick up milk on the way home from the office.

As we age into our "golden years", many suffer CRS....can't remember sh**.:3_grin:

5 minutes ago, bcarney said:

It's amazing that I can remember my way to one specific bar I've been to once, on an island 2,500 miles away, yet I can't seem to remember to pick up milk on the way home from the office.

1 minute ago, rjac said:

As we age into our "golden years", many suffer CRS....can't remember sh**.:3_grin:

I don't think this is so much  a case of CRS, as it's just keeping one's priorities straight! There's only so much room in the ol' cranium and it's got to be saved for the important stuff! :3_grin: