Doctor's Cave Beach in Jamaica (Video Review)

cruiselife

Here is a video review of Doctor's Cave Beach in Jamaica. Keep in mind that my cruise docked in Montego Bay so there will be no shuttle from Falmouth, but many people still go to Doctor's Cave Beach from Royal Caribbean's port as well. I have heard it is about a 30-45 minute drive from Falmouth, but if you contact a transportation service in Falmouth they can give you more accurate estimates of the duration and price.

The beach was beautiful well worth the $9 it costs to get in. They serve food and have a full bar located in a large deck area behind the beach. There were plenty of tables to eat at and full waiter service. We had the jerk chicken for $10 and several Red Stripes that were $5 each. I've had better jerk chicken in Jamaica, but it was still very good. Is it just me, or does Red Stripe taste 10 times better on a beach in Jamaica? The beach had tons of soft white sand with a great view of some mountainous terrain in the distance. When we were there we had the option of staying off to the sides where it was more quiet or going into the middle of the beach where there were more people and a more upbeat atmosphere. We really enjoyed our day there and would definitely recommend it as a great beach day option in Jamaica. In our experience the beach day excursions in Jamaica tend to be a little bit expensive and we found this to be a great alternative.