Look Around -- There's a Cruise Reminder Around Every Corner

coneyraven

For example ..... I'm going through a parking lot earlier here in Cumberland, MD and I find a license tag with something very familiar.....

My brain went straight to "My Time Dining". (Of course, I deleted part of the tag for safety reasons)

Let see who can come up with things that remind them of cruising ..... no cheating, no using Google Images :1_grinning:

IMG_4867.jpg

• 1 month later...
2 hours ago, RestingBirds said:

I haven't forgotten about this post, I'm constantly looking for good cruise reminders.

Found this one this morning.  Just got off work, meeting family for breakfast...was kind of hoping for a Coco Loco with my meal...oh well ?

IMG_20180316_085837491.jpg

Grill's itself makes me think of cruising - great pre or post cruise breakfast stop!

• 2 weeks later...
5 minutes ago, Boston Babe said:

I am soooo excited for you!! so you fly into FLL tomorrow and hang out till 3-31? Do you have any tours planned in FLL?  Are you going to be blogging?

Yup, we're flying in 3 days early, as it saved us a lot on the airfare. We're using most of that savings on the hotel stay (we splurged on the Embassy Suites, 17th St) and meals in town; but we figured it extends our vacation, saves us stress, and lets us just have a couple of relaxing days in Fort Lauderdale. No tours or anything else formal planned, and we're going to rely on Lyft to get anywhere more than a short walk away, so we'll mostly stick around the hotel and nearby beach area.

I'll be blogging as I'm able. Since the days are so "loosey goosey" and I'll be with the family more full-time, any blogging will be late in the day as we're settling down for the night. Definitely live-ish rather than live. But it means that when I do blog, there will probably be a ton of photos with it. :10_wink:

10 minutes ago, JLMoran said:

Yup, we're flying in 3 days early,

How fun!  You can hang out on the beach, enjoy the beautiful hotel with the family, and that long awaited anticipation driving up to the terminal seeing that beautiful ship! Are the kids and wife getting excited?

2 hours ago, JLMoran said:

Yup, we're flying in 3 days early, as it saved us a lot on the airfare. We're using most of that savings on the hotel stay (we splurged on the Embassy Suites, 17th St) and meals in town; but we figured it extends our vacation, saves us stress, and lets us just have a couple of relaxing days in Fort Lauderdale. No tours or anything else formal planned, and we're going to rely on Lyft to get anywhere more than a short walk away, so we'll mostly stick around the hotel and nearby beach area.

I'll be blogging as I'm able. Since the days are so "loosey goosey" and I'll be with the family more full-time, any blogging will be late in the day as we're settling down for the night. Definitely live-ish rather than live. But it means that when I do blog, there will probably be a ton of photos with it. :10_wink:

Joe, when we were down there in October a couple of places to eat we found that we thought was really good were the BoatYard, seafood restaurant, came highly recommended and didn't disappoint and also Laspada's Original Hoagies (Being from Oklahoma our choices are only the fast food sub shops). Boatyard was a little expensive but otherwise I thought it was really good (Again from a land locked state so what can I say), I'm sure the locals have given you plenty of ideas.

They are both close on 17th street.

• 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...
  • 2 weeks later...