Anthem of the seas Feb 9th 2018

constable145

Tickets were given out on day 3. The last sea day prior to CocoCay.

The island is beautiful. I'd never been here before. Nicer white sand beaches than Labadee. The waterslide is fun. Buffet was decent. Cocoloccos are delicious.

Tendering is a PITA. Thankfully the pier is under construction. I heard today that unlike a June completion date I had previously heard it is now slated for the third quarter of 2018

IMG_20180214_132033.jpg

IMG_20180214_103553.jpg

IMG_20180214_153129.jpg

IMG_20180214_132044.jpg

On 2/11/2018 at 5:45 PM, constable145 said:

Some gossip about Michael's genuine pub.. After 3 days of going there asking for a variety of draft beers only to be told that they were bringing the keg up and to come back tomorrow I made an inquiry. Being told to come back tomorrow 3 days in a row is frustrating.

So apparently they are in at the end of a contract with Michael's genuine pub and speciality items are in short supply. It is unknown to what extent the arrangement will be alerted but there are no specialty craft beers on this voyage due to the contract situation. You have to settle for Stella or some left over bottles.

That being said, the burger and peanut butter pie in a jar were AWESOME.

If you get a chance to eat them, do it. Just don't expect any craft beers while you're at it. 

Looks like Matt just posted about this

https://www.royalcaribbeanblog.com/2018/02/13/royal-caribbean-removing-michaels-genuine-pub-its-cruise-ships

1 minute ago, CGTLH said:

NNNNOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!

Dammit, that was probably the ship feature I was looking forward to the most for my 5-nighter on Anthem in October!

19 hours ago, Lauren said:

It looks like I will be one of the last to visit Michael's. I will make sure to be there Saturday night before they close. What is this peanut butter thing??

If you like peanut butter,whip cream  and chocolate then you need to have it. 

That is the best way to describe it. 

It is worth the 5 bucks they charge for it. 

15 minutes ago, constable145 said:

If you like peanut butter,whip cream  and chocolate then you need to have it. 

That is the best way to describe it. 

It is worth the 5 bucks they charge for it. 

Peanut butter, yes, whip cream yes, chocolate, NO (except for Resses cups), I know, I know. Do you know how hard it is to find peanut butter without chocolate??  I may have to try it anyway.

19 hours ago, Lauren said:

Peanut butter, yes, whip cream yes, chocolate, NO (except for Resses cups), I know, I know. Do you know how hard it is to find peanut butter without chocolate??  I may have to try it anyway.

It is very similar to a Reese peanut butter cup.. Except with whipped cream.. And better. 

What a terrible job. Dressing up as a lion. In the Caribbean.

Then getting mauled by grubby kids.

Mine however just drenched herself in purell before and after meeting Alex.

Ps. Don't even think about calling him Jim, Bob, Steve, Mike, Miguel, Ahmad, Rolf, Etc the lion.. It pisses her off immensely. "No Daddy! His name is Alex! Alex the lion Daddy! Stop changing his name. It's Alex"

IMG_20180214_210106.jpg

IMG_20180214_210059.jpg

Great day today. Lost my CocoCay virginity. 

Dinner at the Coastal Kitchen was decent. I had the short rib. If you are keeping track, 5 days in a row with red meat. I'm in my happy place. 

Buffet on the beach was decent. I drank more cocoloccos then then entered on my account. Tender is a pain in the ass. Little one is happy because she met Alex. Wife and I are happy because we're livin' large in a GLS.. and our friend who has never travelled south or on a cruise before is floored with how amazing it is. 

Our friend is celiac. She is blown away by the level of care and attention to detail the RCI restaurant staff are with her dietary needs. We went Chops last night and we were seated and she informed the host of her celiac condition.. He replied with "I know '. Our server then ensured all appetizers were prepare gluten free so she could share. The lengths they went to ensure her needs were met were mind-boggling. 

2 minutes ago, constable145 said:

Stopped by Sorrentos last night.

Pizza still tastes like a bad frozen pizza.. But it was PACKED.

RCI will never change anything about the pizza if it is always that busy. I feel like those of us griping about the pizza on the internweb are the vocal minority. 

... AAAAAAND we've circled back to Sorrento's again. :4_joy:

Sounds like you're having a great time - thanks for sharing your adventure with us! 

14 hours ago, Lauren said:

I get mine on aisle 3, next to the jellies and honey.  Crunchy, of course.

20 hours ago, SeasTheDayNJ said:

loving these live blogs! Gives me something to do at work :10_wink: ... how about some pics of the suite! Happy Valentine's day!

You'll get your pictures of the suite. There are 3 others staying in it. It is tough to find a time when it is in a state of good repair and the bathrooms aren't occupied. 

In the category of first world problems... 

The on demand movie selection sucks compared to the Harmony. I'm not one to pick a cruise based on their TV offerings but on the Harmony it was like a mini Netflix. On this ship there is maybe 10 movies, only 1 of them is kid friendly. 

Nassau was hot. I got off for maybe an hour or so. My drink package and speciality dining aren't included on land so the ship was calling my name. 

Finally had a chance to avail myself of the Solarium pool (aka successful drop off at adventure ocean).

ATTENTION ROYAL CARIBBEAN : The Quantum class solarium pools should be the entry level of what an acceptable pool is going forward. None of this Oasis class bath tub sized pool (if any - I'm looking at you, Harmony). 

19 hours ago, LetsTryThisTech said:

What about the Gluten Free pizza? Did your friend try any? I am Gluten Intolerant and would like to know how it compares to other GF frozen pizzas.

She said it was very good for gluten free. She's ordered 3 of them. They take about 10 minutes to prepare.