Anthem of the seas Feb 9th 2018

constable145

Greetings all.

I'm writing to you from my pre-cruise hotel listening to the dulcet tones of airbuses and boeings flying overhead as I await the arrival of the Anthem tomorrow morning.

Travelling with me is my wife, 3 year old daughter and a friend of ours who has NEVER CRUISED BEFORE. We are staying in a grand loft suite (I feel she may be screwed for any subsequent cruise if she likes...)

I'll do my best to post here daily but copious amounts of watered down American beer (if you can call it that) may get in the way.

Feel free to ask any questions. I'll do my best to answer them.

Oh. Before I forget.. The Lids store located within the Jersey Garden mall had paw patrol hats on for 50% off. I know you'll sleep better knowing that.

Cheers.

1 hour ago, constable145 said:

I'll do my best to post here daily but copious amounts of watered down American beer (if you can call it that) may get in the way.

Well first off, thanks for offering to feed our vicarious cruise addiction for another 9 days! Your service is much appreciated! :10_wink:

As to the beer, @twangster had showed in one of his earlier liveblogs that the pub on board actually has a pretty good selection of decent beers, including some good German double bock. Have a couple of those instead of the Bud and you’ll be singing a different tune, I’m sure! :3_grin:

1 minute ago, JLMoran said:

Well first off, thanks for offering to feed our vicarious cruise addiction for another 9 days! Your service is much appreciated! :10_wink:

As to the beer, @twangster had showed in one of his earlier liveblogs that the pub on board actually has a pretty good selection of decent beers, including some good German double bock. Have a couple of those instead of the Bud and you’ll be singing a different tune, I’m sure! :3_grin:

You raise a valid point about Michael's. I'll gladly give those brews a try.. But this Canadian is discerning when it comes to barley and hops. 

9 hours ago, twangster said:

Brooklyn lager isn't terrible beer and it's on tap ( at Michael's).  Canadian with proud Molson muscle here, but beer like food is a very personal preference. 

I'll give you that. Brooklyn lager is the closest American brew to Creemore Springs (my favourite beer) that I've found to date. 

12 hours ago, Sabrinaklai said:

Awesome! Live blog time! Following along as we have the same sailing one month from now! This is what you just left in Ontario...

IMG_1173.thumb.PNG.c98befeefd026966cf6cb866d95fbd40.PNG

I am so glad I don't live there anymore lol. 

14 hours ago, constable145 said:

Greetings all.

I'm writing to you from my pre-cruise hotel listening to the dulcet tones of airbuses and boeings flying overhead as I await the arrival of the Anthem tomorrow morning.

Travelling with me is my wife, 3 year old daughter and a friend of ours who has NEVER CRUISED BEFORE. We are staying in a grand loft suite (I feel she may be screwed for any subsequent cruise if she likes...)

Feel free to ask any questions. I'll do my best to answer them.

Oh. Before I forget.. The Lids store located within the Jersey Garden mall had paw patrol hats on for 50% off. I know you'll sleep better knowing that.

Cheers.

Looking forward to watching your journey and try to take some pictures of the food (I know its hard I tend to forget because I'm all like "get in my belly" lol, but it will make me drool for sure lol. Thank you for taking the time for these :)

19 hours ago, PrincipalTinker said:

Have a great cruise! Can I ask you all the qustions I forgot to ask @twangster? Can you tell me if you see information on booking the escape room? Also, are you eating in the MDR? Can you post pictures of menus? Are they the same cruise to cruise? Thanks and enjoy!

Not stepping foot in the MDR for the first time ever. Our genie booked escape room. I'll see if I can get any info. Menus should be the same from cruise to cruise. 

21 hours ago, CGTLH said:

For the record, no issue getting beer for the room. Wasn't however able to get a cooler.

There was lots of beer in my room. 

Not as much anymore. Must be evaporating as I get further south. 

Dinner tonight was in the CK. Pork belly app was spectacular. Filet was very good for a main. Cheesecake for dessert was very good. Service was phenomenal. 

Wonderland and Ifly tomorrow. 

No idea where we are... But it is a helluva lot warmer than where we were.

High of 17 today. Costal Kitchen for breaky then Ifly. North star ressys this afternoon as well.

856 kids on board. 200 aquanot aged kids... Only 30 spaces per session in that room. Thank God for the drink package and WiFi while we wait... (go ahead.. Judge me. I'll sleep fine).

More to come later after I drive 15 cocktails into my yap.

Ask any questions.

2 hours ago, constable145 said:

No idea where we are... But it is a helluva lot warmer than where we were.

Your stateroom TV has one channel that will show you a map.  Granted, that's time away from the pool!

2 hours ago, constable145 said:

Thank God for the drink package and WiFi while we wait... (go ahead.. Judge me. I'll sleep fine).

Geeks of the world, unite!

Some gossip about Michael's genuine pub.. After 3 days of going there asking for a variety of draft beers only to be told that they were bringing the keg up and to come back tomorrow I made an inquiry. Being told to come back tomorrow 3 days in a row is frustrating.

So apparently they are in at the end of a contract with Michael's genuine pub and speciality items are in short supply. It is unknown to what extent the arrangement will be alerted but there are no specialty craft beers on this voyage due to the contract situation. You have to settle for Stella or some left over bottles.

That being said, the burger and peanut butter pie in a jar were AWESOME.

If you get a chance to eat them, do it. Just don't expect any craft beers while you're at it. 

59 minutes ago, constable145 said:

We went to Wonderland last night. I'm a picky eater. The appetizers do little things to nothing for me.. But the entrées and the dessert.... DAMN. 

Amazing. Well worth the price of admission for those alone. 

Jaime's tonight. We'll see how that stacks up. 

Agree so much about the entrees and dessert comment. Reading between the lines I feel it is the apps that turn most off to Wonderland. Nothing at all strange other than the descriptions when it comes down to the entrees and desserts.

Heck if you are the kind of person that likes shrimp that one app is devine. The eggs are good too if you're in to deviled egg. Love the spicy and smoky kick they have.

4 hours ago, constable145 said:

We went to Wonderland last night. I'm a picky eater. The appetizers do little things to nothing for me.. But the entrées and the dessert.... DAMN. 

Amazing. Well worth the price of admission for those alone. 

Totally agree with this. Hated the tomato water. But "the world", pork belly, and Terrior beef made it all worthwhile! Just wondering @constable145, was the peanut butter thing at Michaels similar tasting to the chocolate globe (the world) thing at wonderland?

On 12/02/2018 at 3:16 AM, Sabrinaklai said:

Totally agree with this. Hated the tomato water. But "the world", pork belly, and Terrior beef made it all worthwhile! Just wondering @constable145, was the peanut butter thing at Michaels similar tasting to the chocolate globe (the world) thing at wonderland?

Peanut butter thing at Michael's is different than the peanut butter thing at Wonderland. Both delicious. 

Went to Coca beach today. Weather was unseasonably warm. Water was seasonably cool. We still enjoyed the waves. 

Coastal for breaky.. 270 for lunch. Both very good. Chops for dinner. If their desserts don't meet my expectations I'll head to Michael's for a peanut butter thing.