Adventure Ocean registration for teens

Wanderer

17 hours ago, melski94 said:

There is no registration for the teens. Just make sure they go the first night as that is when the teens meet and sort themselves into groups.

Thanks! We will do that.

I was checking couple of old Cruise Compass and that seems to be at from 8pm to 9pm when Teens Meet & Greet happens? So it will be first seating at dinner for us, at least for first night.

That first night is crucial...after that my teen would meet her friends at the teen area and then wander.  Dinner didnt matter because she and her friends ate sorrentos all the time!  We have a late my time reservation for night 1 so we will just hang with her at the windjammer and then go to dinner when she goes to the teen center.  

Im pretty certain i had to register her! Just fyi.  You can check in with them on embarkation afternoon...times are listed in the cruise compass.  Jane

Slight off topic question...Next month on Anthem, my daughter will be 11 years and 7 months old.  Will they let her into the Teens program even though she is not exactly 12 yet?  Just wondering because we are sailing with friends who have a daughter who already is 12 and they would be separated if my daughter can't go.  How strict are they on the rules?  I'm also assuming there will be lots of kids on this sailing since it's March break in Ontario and it's out of NJ. 

1 hour ago, Sabrinaklai said:

Slight off topic question...Next month on Anthem, my daughter will be 11 years and 7 months old.  Will they let her into the Teens program even though she is not exactly 12 yet?  Just wondering because we are sailing with friends who have a daughter who already is 12 and they would be separated if my daughter can't go.  How strict are they on the rules?  I'm also assuming there will be lots of kids on this sailing since it's March break in Ontario and it's out of NJ. 

It really depends on the cruise and the number of kids on board.  I've found that during spring break they are extremely strict on the rules, however, I think your cruise is on the early side of spring break so you may get lucky.  Our first cruise, my son turned 12 the week after our cruise and they wouldn't let him in the teen club.  Last year on Liberty, they were strict on the 12-14 and 15-17 break down too which worries my son as he turns 15 on day 4 of our upcoming cruise. He does not want to be with the 12 year olds so I'm hoping that they'll give him a break too.  

We've done teen clubs for 3 years now and never registered my teens. The teens do need to bring their sea pass card as they scan the cards when they go into the teen club but I didn't have to fill out paperwork like I did with the 11 and under kids but then again things may have changed since last year.

Mine has her birthday 2 weeks before we cruise all the time (spring break).  I never had to try and move her (she wanted to move up) but I've always thought they should do it by grade as opposed to straight age.   Anyway I have heard the strict thing... though on smaller ships and less busy weeks they combine all the teens anyway.  Sabrina,   I would suggest going in immediately on the first day and talking to whoever is in charge.  And if it's a problem keep in mind that they often don't stay in the teen center anyway... just use it as a base to start.  And some activities do combine.    Jane

22 minutes ago, mom2mybugs said:

Mine has her birthday 2 weeks before we cruise all the time (spring break).  I never had to try and move her (she wanted to move up) but I've always thought they should do it by grade as opposed to straight age.   Anyway I have heard the strict thing... though on smaller ships and less busy weeks they combine all the teens anyway.  Sabrina,   I would suggest going in immediately on the first day and talking to whoever is in charge.  And if it's a problem keep in mind that they often don't stay in the teen center anyway... just use it as a base to start.  And some activities do combine.    Jane

Love the grade idea!  A few other suggestions: If they won't allow your daughter to move up, can the other girl be allowed to move down into the 9-11 club?  I know that is not ideal but at least they'd be together. You could allow them to sign themselves in and out as Voyagers so they could still have free reign of the ship.

If nothing works out, the friend goes to the teen club the first night, she can meet a group of other kids and your daughter can join them other nights to they hang out in various areas of the ship. The teen club ends up to be a meeting place after dinner and not where they hang out (usually).

• 5 months later...
4 hours ago, Jeff L said:

Is there a meet and greet event for the younger kids on the first day of the cruise?

On day one there is an open house to register kids at Adventure Ocean.  Kids can meet counselors, check out the facility, etc.

Later that evening (usually 8pm), they open for business.